A belt sander is the first step in shaping and finishing wood surfaces. A woodworker’s toolbox is incomplete without it. Belt Sanders are also known as Strip Senders. They serve many purposes. A powerful and energetic sander is used to sand as quickly and efficiently as possible. The Belt Sender is capable of handling several large projects with its motor and sandpaper. You can finish your task more efficiently and rapidly with handheld tools placed over the wood surface. According to your preferences, we are here to help you find the Best Benchtop Belt Sander from lots of Sanders.
Here is a list of Belt Sanders that use up-to-date, innovative components that meet your needs and help you accomplish your goals.
- 1 1. Makita 9404
- 2 2. Porter Cable 352vs
- 3 3. Wen 6321
- 4 4. Makita 9903
- 5 5. Hitachi SB8V2
- 6 6. Black and Decker Dragster DS321
- 7 7. SKIL 7510-01 Sandcat
- 8 8. Tacklife 3×18-Inch psfs1a
- 9 9. PORTER-CABLE 362V
- 10 10. Proxxon 38536
- 11 11. Ridgid ZRR2740
- 12 12. Genesis GBS321A
- 13 What to consider before buying a benchtop belt sander
1. Makita 9404
Makita 9404 Belt Sander is excellent. This model 9404 can combine fast and efficient stock removal with some necessary operations for enjoyable use over an extended period. This one is very user-friendly for carpenters, woodworkers, floor installers, furniture makers, and conductors. The powerful Makita 9404 has the following features:
- Powerful motor: Makita 9404 has a powerful 8.8 AMP motor that turns a 4″ wide belt (690-1,440 ft./min.) for faster material removal. For efficient stock removal, this motor can control the instantaneous speed with ease of use features and little noise at only 84dB. It has lots of power tools and accessories.
- Convenience: The innovative design of this tool allows flush sanding to a wall with the nose and side of the sander.
- Comfort: Makita 9404 is a comfortable tool for its low noise (84dB).
- Efficiency: Makita has an auto-tracking belt system tracks belt without adjustment.
- Country of Manufacture: Japan.
- It is a bit heavy. The weight of the sander made the operation smooth and effortless.
- It is well balanced, tracks nicely and, has plenty of power for most tasks.
- Model 9403 with the 11 amp motor
- Professional quality
- The belt sander removed various groove marks in a wooden slab with ease.
- 1-year manufacturing warranty.
- The tool weighs 10.3 pounds.
Always good comes along with its bad things. The same things happen with this Makita 9404 belt sander.
- It is quite a costly item.
- This device is small but almost 10 pounds in weight, after using 25 to 30 min. Continuously you need to warm up. And stop doing your job.
No doubt that the Matika belt sander 9404 is one of the best tools in the market. To see the above features, pros, and a few cons, one can choose this item because it has no technical fault.
2. Porter Cable 352vs
Porter-Cable Belt Sander is known as one of the most distinct belt sanders in the market due to its all-metal and durable design. The overall construction of this device is excellent; this tool is not light but a hand belt sander that is a valuable item for the user.
The Porter-Cable 352VS has various characteristics that depend on its accuracy and activities for multiple projects. This 352vs Porter-Cable deserves the second position on my list. See the features:
- Motor: The more power the engine, the more energy you work with. It has plenty of control of light-handed and also the heavy-handed project. The driver of this tool is located over platen for maximum performance and perfect balance. It has an 8 Amp motor.
- Variable: It has a speed belt sander with cloth dust bag; variable-speed dial 850-1,300 SFPM. The belt and gear drive system transfers power from the motor to the sanding belt.
- Tracking: Keeping the belt center of the roller means tracking. Higher quality belt sander like Porter-Cable has an automatic tracker. So, you don’t need to worry.
- Dust collection: Older designed belt sander has no dust collection. According to its operation, the 352VS belt sander has a dust collection system that sucks- up the dust. The Porter-Cable has a swiveling dust collection system.
- Dust bag: It has designed for flush sanding up to vertical surfaces; have a dust bag that swivels 360 degrees.
- All-metal housing: Porter Cable’s 3-by-21-inch belt sander has all-metal housing features that give the tool a solid feel. This metal housing can protect the device from damage and lets you sand effectively without pressing down.
- The Porter-Cable 352VS Is made in the USA or Imported.
- It has a fingertip belt-tracking knob and also a quick-release belt-change lever.
- A one-year service warranty and a three-year limited warranty are included.
- It has plenty of power for light-handed and also heavy-handed sanding.
All the devices have some unlikeable features too. Like other devices, Porter-Cable has the following unlikable characteristic-
- While working, the Porter-Cable is reported to be somewhat loud and noisy.
- There are complaints that when it swivels, the dust collector port comes right out of the top and makes it awkward during its working time.
3. Wen 6321
One of the cheapest belt sanders is WEN 6321 7Amp. The WEN 6321 belt sander is an excellent device for contractors looking for a reliable and robust machine for multiple tasks. This perfect belt sander has a mighty motor with 7 amp. This 7-Amp heavy Duty Belt Sander can strip paint and finishes edges with ease. One of the most valuable belt sanders has the following features:
- Powerful, lightweight, and portable: This compact device with a high-power 7-amp motor can spin the belt at a rate of 820 feet per minute. The sander weight is about 6 pounds, limiting fatigue of the user due to its light yet robust design.
- Easy to change sending belt: The quick-release sanding belt of this device can make adjusting grits and swapping sandpapers very quickly.
- Dust bag: The including dust bag of this device is very large. This dust bag catches all of the offshoots of your workpiece and can minimize clean-up inside the workshop.
- Replacement belt available: The sanding belts are in 60-grit, 80-grit, and 120-grit three packs (6321SP1, 6321SP2, 6321SP3). The quick realize sanding belt of this device can make adjusting grits and can easily swap sandpaper.
- Extended front roller: The front roller hangs of this hardware ever-so-slightly past the sander’s body can reach tight corners and confined spaces.
- It has a front roller
- The WEN also comes with a trigger lock for unproblematic operations.
- We are tracing the adjustment dial.
- It has a 6-foot power cable.
- This powerful motor does not overheat.
4. Makita 9903
Matika 9903 is one of the top choices of all the models offered here. Makita’s 3 x 21-Inch Belt Sander, model 9903, is a variable speed belt sander. And it is an efficient and versatile model that will be ideal for most woodworking projects and carpenters. This model of Makita can deliver accuracy, capacity, precision, and innovation to woodworkers. The essential features of this device are bellowed:
- Electronic speed control device: This Makita is an electronic speed control device that makes it possible to maintain almost the same speed under load and has a relatively wide speed range. Has variable speed control dial (690-1,440 ft./min to match the speed to the application.
- Low profile design: The belt sander has a low profile design that allows you to balance work. The method of this device makes it possible to sand flush to the wall.
- Ease of use: The easy-to-use feature can make this device the best of all the tools given here. Without the adjustment, the auto-tracing belt system can track the belt accurately of the sander.
- Sanding wood and sanding shoe: The operational sanding shoe is available for précising sanding depth control. The extraordinary device has sand, wood, or metal and removes paint and rust.
- Noise: Makita’s model is not that much noise. So, no need to use any ear safety when using the Makita because the 85dB output from the machine doesn’t damage your hearing.
- With an 8.8 AMP motor, it is only 85 dB loud.
- Sizable front grip design for smooth operation.
- This device has a long 16.4 ft—power cord for easier maneuverability.
- Double insulated.
- One-year warranty from the date of purchase.
- A relatively short warranty for an expensive sander.
5. Hitachi SB8V2
Comfort is always a crucial factor for the consumer of the belt sander. Hitachi SB8V2 is one of the most comfortable Belt Sender for the consumer for its soft elastomer grip handle. The much more powerful and with excellent dust collection device is Hitachi.
One of the most potent international brands is Hitachi SB8V2 9.0 Amp has some features. They are:
- High power motor: This fantastic Sander runs on a 9.0-Amp engine that delivers speeds of between 820 and 1,475 ft/min and weighs around 9.5 lbs. This motor can be capable of tearing through the most robust materials within a couple of seconds.
- Variable speed control: This allows you to fix the sander speed to match your stuff for the best performance on paint, wood, plastic, or metal. The variable speed dial of this device adjusts speed from 820 1,475 feet/min for improved manageability during any operation.
- Trigger lock: With the help of the trigger lock of this device, reduce the operator fatigue and front tracking window to let you know you’re sanding in the right direction.
- Dust bag: The dust bag fits the left side of this sender to give you better performance while you operate this machine. This bag can reduce airborne particles to keep the work area clean.
- Resistant V- belt: Hitachi’s wear-resistant V-belt is robust and durable, claimed to last twice as long as other brands.
- The tracking window of Hitachi improves the visibility of the sanding surface and sanding belt during use, and the belt size is 76 x 533 millimeters (3 x 21 inches).
- The Hitachi is certainly heftier and bulkier
- Variable speed knob.
- The power cable of 7 feet.
- Tracking window in front.
- Five years warranty.
- This device is quite expensive.
6. Black and Decker Dragster DS321
Sometimes, we need to do our sanding project every day. By using Black and Decker Dragster, DS321 is perfect for our everyday use. It is very affordable for our workshop. The Black & Decker DS321 is a 3-by-21-inch belt sander, and it is famous for its low-profile design. The critical features of this device are given below:
- Powerful motor: This excellent device has a powerful 7 Amp motor. The DS321 provides good power for its price and is immensely more significant than many equivalent sanders. This device is very comfortable for professionals.
- Sleek design and front roller: The design of this device makes it possible for you to sand in tight corners and a little bit tough to reach space under the cabinet or between banisters.
- Lightweight and compact: You can quickly lift it and move it from one place to another due to its lightweight design. For Black & Decker’s lightweight, it wields the necessary power. It is also the right choice if you have difficulty lifting heavy objects.
- Adjustable handle: This device has an adjustable handle with three different positions for its comfort and control. The three-positioning handle allows us to complete control over the machine to do our job correctly.
- Dust collector: Due to the dust collector, we can make sure to maintain our working place clean and bright.
- Its perfect size made it simple to store.
- Weight is 8 pounds to 15 pounds make this device easy to move.
- Budget-friendly belt sander.
- Two years of manufacturing warranty.
- The equipment has a flip-up cover for topside sanding.
- Longer than the average sanding plate.
7. SKIL 7510-01 Sandcat
Construction work is increasing every day, so the uses of belt sanders are also growing over time. Belt sanders are available in a wide range on the market. Belt Sanders such as Skil 7510-01 are well known in the woodworking market. Here are some features that make this device easy to use:
- Motor: This device has a 6 Amp motor and also requires 120V for its optimal work. It also has a pressure control electronic feedback system, which can increase the result of your urgent project.
- Pressure control technology: The automatic pressure control device can differ in this model from another model. The pressure control technology can monitor your sanding pressure. By using this machine, you can see your judgment and watch the weight you should apply.
- Filtration system: By using the filtration system, this model allows you to capture debris efficiently. It can collect more dust particles from the other models. This device can save you valuable time maintaining the cleaning job properly.
- Dust collection bag: This hardware has a cloth dust collector bag. The user only has to guess when the bag is full. 7510-01 has a transparent dust container connected to the bag.
- Comfort and ease of use: Like other devices, this handheld belt sander uses a smooth belt changing with a lever release. Users should use the auto-tracking alignment function to keep their belt connected with the device during its working.
- Auto track system keeps belt centered on the track
- It has an advanced filtration system
- This device has a power lock button.
- The price is reasonable.
- Some of the users told me that the dust collector doesn’t work well.
- The grip isn’t comfortable enough, so the user uses hand gloves while using this device.
- The belt is small in size, like 18 inches.
8. Tacklife 3×18-Inch psfs1a
One of the best handheld belt sanders is the TACKLIFE Belt Sander. By using this device which inspires our consumers to live more comfortably and stress-free life. It is a very well-made, exquisite, and portable device. This top-rated device has some features like;
- Motor: It has a 5-amp, 600-watt motor that can tackle a tough job within its range. This 5 Amp motor high power to the sanding surface was delivering efficient removal and high-quality surface finishing. A variable-speed knob with six dials enables you to match the best speed to the application form 0-560 rpm.
- Metal screw clamps: Equipped with two metal screw clamps. This sander can be turned over and fixed to the table when doing its work.
- Power trigger: This device has a powerful stimulus with a lock to ease the strain during its lengthy uses.
- Sanding belt: This device has 13 PCs Sanding Belts. It also comes with 6 PCs 120 grit and 7 PCs 80 grit aluminum oxide sanding belts which can save your money, meeting the requirements for your different projects.
- Dust collection system: The high-performance dust collection box is attached to the side of the machine. The company said that it has a 90% collection rate. The user can remove it from the device and connect a vacuum hose directly to the dust port with the adapter given to the machine.
- Low price model
- This device comes with 13 pcs sanding belts, 7 x 80 grits, 6 x 120 Grits.
- The lock-on button helps to free your hand, providing more convenience and flexibility.
- Metal clamping lever for the easy and quick sanding belt change.
- 24 months warranty.
- This hardware has Excellent Ergonomics.
- Platform sander option.
- This unique device has six-speed settings.
- If anyone is planning to sand large areas, then this sander is not perfect for that tremendous hardwood job; you might change this machine.
- It has a modest power rating.
9. PORTER-CABLE 362V
If you want to use the secure and big handheld belt, then Porter – Cable 362v is a perfect choice for you. Have a powerful motor and all-metal design accessories for its powerful job. And an excellent device like PORTER-CABLE 362v.
- Powerful engine: This device features a beast of a machine that runs on 12 Amps. It has one of the most potent motors among all handheld devices. Compared with other devices, it has twice the average of different engines with 6-8 Amps. The powerful 12.0 amp motor provides professional power for this device.
- Functionally dense: This great belt sander is functionally massive to reduce fatigue on the user’s hand.
- Variable speed dial: It has a variable speed dial conveniently placed on the rear of the handle. Also, allow for fast belt speed adjustments from 1,000 to 1,500 SFPM (Surface feet per minute ).
- Comfortable trigger grip: Like any other belt sander, this machine has a convenient trigger grip for the user’s hand to control this sander easily. With the help of this grip, a worker or the user could easily rest his hands as he pushes down and pushes forward simultaneously.
- Dust collection bag: A large capacity dust collection bag can swivel a full 360 degrees.
- This device is more comfortable to control and steer with its weight.
- This one is designed for flush sanding up to vertical surfaces.
- Minimize downtime with the quick-release belt change lever and fingertip belt-tracking knob to dial in belt alignment over the rollers.
- At 15 and a half pounds, the 362V belt sander is the premier heavy-duty for professional users.
- This device has three years of limited warranty.
- This PORTER-CABLE 362V Designed for flush sanding up to vertical surfaces.
- This device is quite expensive.
- For its accuracy, the user has to adjust it manually.
- Users must use ear protectors for their noise performance.
- Quite massive, like 16 pounds.
10. Proxxon 38536
If you are looking for an exceptional belt sander, easy and handy to use, then the Proxxon 38536 Belt Sander is the perfect choice for you. This device is very friendly for beginners and professionals. This device is elementary to use, and you can prefer to do a simple task at your home. If you need a sander for daily use tasks at home, Proxxon 38536 sander is best for you. Let’s see the traits given below:
- Corded sander: The Proxxon 38536 sander is corded, so the user needs not worry about the power; the cord of this device is long enough, so you can be fixed in any corner of the room.
- Speed control system: This device has a speed control system for variable speeds from 12 – 25ft/s (225 – 450m/min), which enables us to work on different types of materials, such as metal, plastic, or wood.
- Easy to handle: The feature of this device makes it easy for users to use for daily household work. This device’s weight (1.9 pounds) and length (13 inches) is also easy to handle and hold for a long time.
- Maximum performance: The Proxxon 38536 comes with a 110-120 volt AC motor. This low-power can be steady enough for intricate piece-work and slow enough to give novices in this area confidence. So, this motor makes it easy for you to complete the sanding task correctly.
- All the machine parts are made with quality material to use the sander for a long time.
- This device’s light, compact, and the user-friendly unit can make the sanding process in tight spaces more convenient.
- The Proxxon 38536 can tilt up to 60 degrees, which means it can easily reach any corner you want, where the other sanders cannot.
- The Proxxon, the right choice for furniture finishers, restoring a vintage or antique piece, where quality, detail, and a perfect finish are valued over work speed.
- Perfect for creative and woodwork artists.
- This device has a protective carrying case.
- Two years of limited warranty.
The quality of the gears is not up to the mark. These gears wear through quite quickly and are not easily replaceable.
11. Ridgid ZRR2740
The Ridgid ZRR2740 is a lightweight and reasonably small belt sander. This renewed product can work and look like a new product. This device can tackle a range of tough jobs. The comfortable and small belt sander Ridgid ZRR2740 has the following features:
- Motor: It has a 6.5 Amp power motor which can work more durable than you expect. This product is used for power- details-sander.
- Twin fan feature: There are many belt sanders with two fans nowadays, but this is a great little feature. This device ensures no dust gets out and, also, the machine never overheats quickly.
- Soft grip handle: Due to the soft-grip handle, the vibration decrease, and the user’s comfort increase.
- Flush sanding capable: Flat face of this device allows for flush sanding against vertical surfaces. Also, the accessible brushes – can be serviced quickly for minimum downtime.
- Tool-free belt relief: Tool-free belt relief can make changing the belt quickly and quick.
- Twelve feet long rubber cord – The long rubber with cord wrap allows excellent mobility and the solid cord wrap protects this hardware from damage.
- This device has an affordable price.
- It measures 3 inches wide and 18 inches long. The surface is about 8 inches.
- The automatic belt tracking tool of this tool automatically adjusts the belt to the center of the plate for alignment.
- Its onboard vacuum adaptor fits a standard 1-1/4 in—hose for a cleaner, virtually dust-free work environment.
- 120 Volt AC Input. 400-950 SFPM.
- This is a factory reconditioned product.
- The factory provides a one-year warranty.
- This is a reconditioned unit, and sometimes its performance doesn’t satisfy the user.
- The motor isn’t too overpowering, which means it is unsuitable for professionals and substantial work performance.
12. Genesis GBS321A
Forgetting a beautiful finishing sending is necessary. This model Genesis’ 3 x 21-Inch Belt Sander, Model GBS321A, is designed for woodworkers, furniture makers, carpenters, general construction, deck builders who need excellent performing belt sander. This band sander is a combination of power and versatility. With the adjustable fit handle and tight spaces, the Genesis GBS321A is the sander for all seasons while providing a quality finish. The 3″ x 21″ Variable Speed Belt Sander has the following features:
- Quick change: It has a single lever quick-change belt. Which can save your time for going to the next project?
- Versatile: This device’s low-profile design gets into tight spots that can do quick work for smaller projects. This device’s variable speed belt sander has a variable no-load speed of 39.-1180ft./min
- Performance: This device can control the speed of sanding with the variable feature.
- Control: This extraordinary device has a front handle for comfort and control—flat-Side for tight, flush sanding. Can Sand exterior and interior doors, door jambs, cabinet surfaces and doors, and wood handrails to prevent splinters.
- This device is suitable for preparing paint or stain.
- It includes one dust bag and one sending belt.
- The price is very affordable.
- Good sanding speed.
- This device is effortless to handle and great for working in small spaces.
- It has 120V~/ 60Hz, 8.0 Amp motor.
- Two years is a manufacturing warranty.
- The belt needs frequent adjustment during larger, heavy-duty projects.
What to consider before buying a benchtop belt sander
We can do lots of household or professional tasks by using a Belt Sander. The belt sander does a lot of hard work like grinding, sanding, and polishing for you. So, this is a multi-use- tool. It is one of the essential tools added to the toolbox. There are many handy sanding tools for sanding projects, but a belt sander is one of the most versatile and commonly used tools in the market. Belt sanders can smooth and trim steel, wood, and other surfaces by running a belt powered by a powerful motor.
There are lots of belt sanders you can see in the market. This device comes in many forms as different manufacturers apply an abrasive belt to various applications.
Most of the time, shopping online doesn’t make the customer satisfied with selecting the perfect product easily and quickly. If the customer does not know what to look for, finding the best outcome is quite frustrating. Which belt sander is ideal for the customer is quite a tricky question for the customer. I have already presented the most popular top ten belt sander with its merits and demerits. Still, if you are unsure which one you want to purchase, you must follow some guidelines.
Power of motor:
A belt sander is a power tool, so more power, and more amps; all these we think before buying this tool. The electronics motors inside the belt sander run anywhere between 4 to 10 amperes. Generally, if you are working on a hard surface, you need more power, and if you want to work on a relatively small project on the soft surface, then 4 to 6 amps are enough for you. So, a nine amps motor will perform a better job than a 2.5 amp motor.
When we talk about the size of the belt sander, then the belt dimension is often referred to. There are two sizes of belts available for the handheld belt sander. Like; 3 by 21 inches and four by 24 inches. The broader and longer strap is not comfortable for the user. So, if you are taking a project, then a shorter and narrower belt like three by 21 inches is ideal for you.
When anyone wants to buy a power must consider the weight of that tool. For purchasing a belt sander, you must find the importance of its easy and comfortable use. For this job, you have to fix this horizontal device position when doing severely misaligned boards. At that time, you need a heavier device. But for vertical sanding, you need a lightweight sander because they are easier to hold for a long time.
A high FPM belt sander is not always good, and it needs a speed control sander. The speed is known as the Feet per Minute (FPM) for belt sander– the higher the FPM, the faster the belt surface can run. More FPM means more stock removal, translating to fewer passes and time needed to work over a surface for sanding.
A powerful high-speed belt sander can be done quickly, but this power should be suitable for your job. You have to choose a belt sander that has adjustable speed control settings so that you’ll be able to transform it into a tool.
Side effects of sanding materials are hazardous for a human being. A belt sander can produce lots of dust. This dust particle may enter your eyes and can be breathed inside. So, it is said that a belt sander must be capable of extracting dust.
Track centering system:
A belt centering device can operate automatically in a belt sander, including the spaced apart from the roll. There is a linkage to the frame of the center. A sander carries a mounting bucket to which the idler pulley is connected.
Comfort and grip:
A handheld belt sander must have some components that can help you make optimal control on your device when working over the surface. That’s why the handle is a significant factor. When buying a sander, you must consider the handle with a maximum fit and grip. For finishing, your project you must need comfort.
A perfect bell sander can save you valuable time, energy, and money. In just a few minutes, it can do lots of challenging tasks. However, to get the best service from the device, you need to pick the best product from the above discussion based on your needs.
To choose the best model for you, you need to consider features such as motor power, size, weight, speed, dust extraction system, comfort and grip, track centering system, etc. Make sure you read the features given above. Please choose the best benchtop belt sander from the above models, and add it to your toolbox.