We know that having the right chainsaw for the job is essential. When you’re shopping for a new one, it can be hard to tell which one will be the most suitable. It’s frustrating to make your purchase and find out that it can’t handle the task. We’ve put together the top 10 picks of the Best Cordless, Gas, Electric & Battery Powered Chainsaw Reviews to help. Because everyone has different needs and preferences, we’ve included machines with a variety of various features. Here are the details for each selection to help you get the right one the first time.
- 1 What is the Best Cordless Chainsaw
- 1.1 1. GreenWorks 20312 16-inch 40v Cordless Chainsaw
- 1.2 2. Greenworks PRO 18-Inch 80V Cordless Chainsaw
- 1.3 3. Makita XCU02Z Chainsaw
- 1.4 4. Makita UC4051A Chainsaw
- 1.5 5. Sun Joe SWJ701E Chainsaw
- 1.6 6. Blue Max 6595 Chainsaw
- 1.7 7. Tanaka TCS33EDTP Chainsaw
- 1.8 8. Hitachi CS33EB16 Chainsaw
- 1.9 9. Oregon CS250-S6 Chainsaw
What is the Best Cordless Chainsaw
Each of these chainsaws has a unique appeal. As you have seen, they share similarities, but there are variations in the features and the intended uses. If you are looking for the best choice for quiet and clean operation, I recommend the GreenWorks 20312 with a 40V battery. If you don’t like the two-hour charging time for the battery, there is another option. The GreenWorks GCS80450 80V Chainsaw takes just 30 minutes to charge to full. These small variations in the features can make a big difference in your satisfaction with the product. I hope that the details provided help you choose the one that will best meet your expectations.
1. GreenWorks 20312 16-inch 40v Cordless Chainsaw
The DigiPro model is for anyone looking for a more eco-friendly chainsaw to handle light to medium-duty jobs. It’s excellent for cutting brush, limbing trees, and cutting wood up to 24 inches in diameter. If desired, it can cut larger rounds and trees, but the power duration will be shorter. I recommend it for users looking for a clean power source and the ultimate convenience. This model is more comfortable to use and is an excellent choice for you who want high performance and ease of use. It’s the right choice for homeowners, cleanup professionals, and landscapers.
The DigiPro comes packed with some pretty great features, which gives it certain advantages over other types. If you’re looking for a chainsaw that has versatility with less noise and vibration, then this one is well worth considering.
The 40V battery is reasonably long-lasting, and it offers a clean power source for environmental protection. It comes with a charger that delivers a full charge in a maximum of 2 hrs charging time. You get up to 100 cuts with a single charge. Battery power means that you won’t have the hassle of mixing gasoline and oil.
One of the most significant benefits of the battery is that it is compatible with over 25 GreenWorks G-Max tools. This feature adds convenience if you own other products in this line because the cells are interchangeable.
There are quite a few benefits to the brushless motor design. The engineers who created this chainsaw concept added this feature to give it extra torque for tough jobs. This equals about 30% greater cutting performance and longer life of the machine. It also offers a sharp decrease in the amount of vibration that occurs during use. This can help cut down on the amount of arm fatigue you experience for some longer jobs.
The 16-inch blade is just right for tackling light to medium-duty jobs. This chainsaw quickly and easily cuts through most trees, logs up to 24 inches in diameter, and is more significant.
The DigiPro comes equipped with a low kickback chain and a chain brake. These options make the operation safer for less chance of an accident due to kickback.
- Cleaner operation for environmental friendliness and convenience
- Low noise reduces the incidence of injury to the ears.
- Handles light to medium tasks with capacity for more substantial jobs
- Low vibration increases comfort when in use.
- Battery drains more quickly when cutting hardwoods and more massive diameter wood. Solution: Keep a second charged battery on hand or use it for light to medium-duty jobs
- The charger overheats and will not accept the battery. Solution: Allow the battery to cool after use before plugging in for recharging
- The charger gives a false full indicator. Solution: Allow to sit for a few moments to ensure that the battery is not hot
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does it come with a case? This chainsaw comes with a soft bag for storage.
How long does it take to charge the battery? It takes approximately 120 minutes to get a full charge if the battery is low.
2. Will this chainsaw work for cutting down trees?
Yes, it will work for any size job, but the battery will not last as long when used to cut hardwood or more giant diameter trees.
The Greenworks 20312 chainsaw is an excellent tool for light to medium jobs. I recommend it for those who prefer the convenience of cordless cutting over gas or electricity. It offers the benefits of an electric start without the cord. In my estimation, it doesn’t get any better. This may not be the best choice if you have a lot of hardwood work to do, but it’s a great asset for smaller jobs. It’s perfect for environmentalists and anyone who wants or needs a more comfortable saw with less noise.
2. Greenworks PRO 18-Inch 80V Cordless Chainsaw
This model has an 80V battery for more cuts per full charge. It’s the right solution for anyone who wants to have extended power for longer cutting tasks. It delivers reliable performance and is suitable for a variety of jobs. It’s great for tackling cleanup tasks from storm damage to trees, trimming more giant trees, removing dead limbs, and tree removal.
GreenWorks excited the power with the 2AH battery. It offers convenience and all the power of a 45 cc gas engine without the hassle of mixing gas and oil. It’s the solution for less hassle, cleaner operation, and longer battery run times.
The 80-volt battery gives you extra time to get some of the stricter cutting jobs done. The charging time is ultra-quick, taking just 30 minutes to complete to full charge as an added convenience. Choose from three compatible battery models, making it easier to use interchangeable batteries with other compatible tools.
Additional torque is supplied for more substantial duty jobs requiring more power. Brushless motors mean fewer parts to wear out for longer motor life. There is less vibration during use for greater comfort while cutting. An additional benefit of the brushless motor is noise reduction.
This chainsaw comes equipped with an electronic chain brake, wrap-around handle, and steel bucking spikes. This increases the safety margins and lowers the chance of accidental injury.
- Can accomplish more because of extended battery life
- Heavy-duty jobs are more relaxed with the 18-inch bar.
- Multiple battery capacity available
- The battery charges very fast.
- The battery and charger are not included.
- Solution: Purchase them separately
- Batteries don’t hold a charge.
- Solution: Contact the manufacturer because they offer excellent customer service
- Chainsaw takes too long to cut hardwood
- Solution: Use for light to medium-duty tasks.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What type of chain does this saw use?
The model number is 91PX062G in an Oregan low-profile chain.
2. What is the speed of the chain?
The chain operates at 15 meters per second.
3. Can I use the Greenworks 4ah battery pack that comes with my leaf bower for this chainsaw?
Yes, the Greenworks 4ah battery is compatible with this chainsaw.
4. Does the GreenWorks company offer a pole saw for the 80V?
Not currently, but there is the chance that they will at some time in the future.
I recommend this 18-inch chainsaw for anyone who has light to medium duty cutting jobs. It does a great job on most types of wood but may be slower if used on hardwoods. One of the most excellent features of this saw is that it does not produce any carbon emissions, and it is extremely low noise. It cuts through trees up to 20 inches in diameter with rapid speed. The battery charges faster than most, and it’s generally good for up to 150 cuts.
3. Makita XCU02Z Chainsaw
Users who are looking for a low-noise chainsaw that is eco-friendly and comfortable to handle. The Makita XCU02Z is among the top picks for convenience and user comfort. This chainsaw is an excellent choice for anyone who prefers a more lightweight machine that operates clean and hassles-free.
The Makita XCU02Z comes packed with exciting features that were impressive enough to make our top picks list. Read on to find out what makes this machine so special.
Say goodbye to cords and messy oil and gas concoctions. Two 19 LXT lithium-ion batteries deliver power for an increased running time to speed through intense jobs. The design of this chainsaw also provides you with lower noise than traditional gas-powered saws.
Powerful Makita-built Motor
You’ll get plenty of torque with a faster cutting speed from the motor design that performs at 1,650 FPM.
12 inch Guide Bar Tool-less chain adjustments
This feature reduces the hassle of finding the right tools for adjusting the chain. It’s because you don’t need any. It offers the ultimate ease and speed for chain adjustment and maintenance.
The chain brake is actuated when the front handguard is engaged.
The chainsaw and batteries come in at a light 10.1 pounds combined. This makes it easier to handle and cuts down on arm fatigue.
- No tools needed for chain adjustments
- The chainsaw is very light and easy to handle
- It cuts through branches very fast
- The batteries charge very quickly.
- LED battery charge indicators stop working
- Solution: Contact the manufacturer to troubleshoot the issue
- The battery runs out before the job is finished.
- Solution: Keep a second fully charged battery on hand for fewer interruptions.
- The chain keeps slipping off of the bar.
- Solution: Adjust the tensioning to the recommended level of tightness. If this is not supplied in your manual, contact Makita directly for customer assistance.
Frequently asked questions
1. Does this chain saw come with a case?
No, it does not come with a case. It does come with a blade cover.
2. Should I use oil with this chainsaw?
You should use chain oil to keep the bar and chain lubricated only.
3. Is the motor brushless?
No. This model has brushes.
4. How much cutting time can I expect from 3Ah batteries?
3Ah batteries should give you approximately 3 to 4 hours of cutting time. The exact amount will depend on the workload, including wood density and size.
5. How long does it take for the battery to charge?
The battery charges in 30 minutes.
It scores well above average for convenience and light to medium work power. The rapid charge power system gives a few extra notches on the popularity chart. This is a great option if you’re looking for a clean alternative with low noise and dependability. It comes in as a top pick in the best chainsaw reviews.
4. Makita UC4051A Chainsaw
This chainsaw is for users who need a more heavy-duty machine. It cuts through medium-sized and hardwoods more quickly and easily. I recommend this Makita model for anyone with light to moderate jobs ahead of them. Who would use it? Homeowners, property managers, storm cleanup specialists, and landscapers. Besides, anyone who values convenience and clean operation would use this chainsaw. This chainsaw is packed with additional options that you don’t see in most others. It has been designed for comfort and convenience.
Tool-less tension adjustment
There are no tools required to adjust to the tension of the chain.
The handles feature rubberized materials on the grip. This helps to lessen the amount of hand fatigue or the development of blisters.
The startup is a breeze with a large trigger switch and soft start technology.
This is an additional feature that helps to prevent the motor from becoming too hot. At the first indication of overheating, the built-in current limiter protects your engine from becoming damaged. The limiter is activated when the saw has been under a heavy workload for extended periods. The primary benefit of this feature is that it can help extend the saw’s life and limit the need for repairs.
Large oil reservoir
The oil reservoir has been designed with a window to view the oil level. There is no more guessing about when you’ll need to add more bar oil.
Automatic chain oiler
The bar and chain are kept lubricated for smoother cutting and less downtime.
Electric power is a clean option for gas. It saves you time on refueling and allows for continuous cutting with fewer interruptions. This power option is by far the freshest and most environmentally-friendly choice.
- Clean operation with no carbon emissions
- Cuts through light to medium jobs quickly with plenty of power.
- Convenience with automatic oiler and soft start options
- Comfortable to grip and use
- The chainsaw drips oil when it’s in storage.
- Drain the bar oil reservoir before storing
- This saw struggles to finish more massive logs.
- It is designed for light to medium jobs for the best performance. Stick with intended uses.
Frequently asked questions
1. Can I use a more extended bar with this chainsaw?
Yes. You can use an 18″ bar with this model very quickly.
2. Are the 14″ and 16″ bars interchangeable?
Yes, the bars are interchangeable as long as they are Oregon bars and chains. Make sure that you match the chain pitch for the best performance.
3. Is the gear drive metal, and are they expensive to replace?
One is metal, and the other is nylon. They’re not expensive to replace.
After reviewing it and using my personal experience, I recommend it for residential and commercial use. This electric saw is a workhorse, and it can handle moderate jobs very quickly. It operates quietly and won’t disturb any neighbors or nearby businesses. It’s recommended for light to medium, but if you take your time and have a little patience, it is quite capable of taking on some harder woods and more massive diameter logs.
5. Sun Joe SWJ701E Chainsaw
This Sun Joe chainsaw is a definite asset for homeowners. It has been rated among the top picks for residential use. It has been designed for comfort, safety, and cutting firewood, logs, and tree limbs. It also works well for trimming large shrubs and cleanup from wind damage. This electric chainsaw offers some significant advantages over battery or gas models. It is a dull chainsaw but provides plenty of power, convenience, and comfort.
The electric power style offers an array of benefits over other types. It is cleaner during operation in a few ways. This saw emits no carbon fumes, so it is safer for the environment. It is also much quieter than other saws during use, so there is little noise pollution. In addition to this, the electric power offers excellent cutting power for longer durations in between breaks. There is no more mixing of gas and oil for fuel. This saw eliminates a lot of the hassle.
Self-lubricating bar and chain
The auto oiling feature keeps your bar and chain well lubricated during use. This gives you a smoother cutting experience with fewer binds and less overheating.
This saw comes with a handguard that has a kickback brake function. The chain immediately stops rotating. This feature helps to prevent injury in case a kickback occurs.
Designed for the ultimate comfort, this SunJoe model is lightweight to cut down on fatigue. For additional comfort during use, the handle is shaped and made with comfortable materials that provide a good grip and are easy on the hands.
- Cuts easily through trees up to 22 inches like a hot knife through butter.
- Comfortable to hold and lightweight.
- The noise level is very low for a chainsaw.
- Very convenient to use because there is no gas or harmful fumes
- No instructions for tightening the chain came with the chainsaw.
- Solution: Go online or contact the manufacturer for a user manual.
- The chain keeps falling off.
- Solution: Adjust the tension until the chain is tighter
- Must be near a power source or cannot operate the chainsaw
- Solution: Either use near an electrical power source or may be used with a generator
Frequently asked questions
1. What is the horsepower of this saw?
This chainsaw’s power output is rated at 14 amps. The conversion to horsepower for this particular model would be around 2.25 hp.
2. How do you adjust the chain tension?
Use the included tool. Slide the black knob off and loosen the nut. You’ll see the screw on the inside of the bar towards the motor. Use the tool to turn the screw to the desired tension.
3. What kind of file should I use to sharpen the chain?
We recommend using a 5/32 round file.
4. Is this chainsaw made in the USA?
No, it is made in China.
With a little help from Amazon.com and Chainsawjournal.com, SunJoe met the criteria for joining the ranks of the best chainsaw reviews. Its features make it the perfect choice for homeowners with neighbors nearby. The quiet operation and zero emissions qualities make it among the cleanest and safest of the environment. The comfortable grips and lightweight size make it the right choice for anyone who has light to medium jobs.
6. Blue Max 6595 Chainsaw
The Blue Max 6595 chainsaw is recommended for home and property owners who need a powerful machine. When used for light to medium-duty cutting jobs, it works the best but will easily cut through hardwoods up to 20 inches. It’s excellent to maintain trees and shrubs as it cuts through small to medium-sized limbs quickly and easily. Gas power is a good alternative when a battery or electricity doesn’t deliver on portability or duration. This model can be used practically anywhere. You won’t need to rely on an electrical source nearby for power to operate.
This Blue Max model comes loaded with features that make it an excellent choice for moderate to heavy-duty cutting jobs. It is designed to deliver the torque needed to cut through harder woods more quickly. I recommend this chainsaw for users who don’t have time to wait for a battery to charge between cutting jobs. It’s also great for use in remote locations.
Gas power gives you certain advantages over other chainsaw types. I prefer using this more traditional chainsaw when I’m cutting in areas that don’t offer the luxury of electricity. With this model, you get 45cc of power for tougher cuts.
Advanced safety features
Safety is always a top priority when running a chainsaw. The safety chain brake is inertia activated. This can help prevent an accident if you experience a kickback. The mechanism stops the rotation of the chain a the first indication of a kickback.
I like this feature because it fires the spark plugs quickly. You get a dramatic increase in the ease of starting with the capacitor discharge ignition. This means less work when starting it up.
18-inch bar and cutting chain
The larger bar makes it easier to cut through larger and harder woods. It cuts trees that are up to three feet in diameter with ease.
Automatic Bar and chain oiler
Yet another great feature of this model is the auto bar and chain oiler. It’s a real-time-saver, and it keeps the bar and chain well lubed for smoother running and extended life of the parts.
- Powerful chainsaw cuts easily through 20-inch hardwood limbs.
- Easy to start and saves on immediate arm fatigue from multiple pulls
- Maintenance is a lot easier than with some other models.
- Reliable power source even for remote locations
- Manual gives incorrect information on the gas and oil mixture.
- Solution: Use a 40:1 gas and oil mix ratio
- The chainsaw does not come with a protective storage case.
- Solution: Purchase a storage bag or case separately
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does this chainsaw come with a case?
No, the case must be purchased separately.
2. What is the best way to tighten the chain?
Use a straightforward adjustment. First, loosen the cover nuts and remove the cover. Use a screwdriver to adjust the tension. Replace the lid and tighten the nuts in place.
3. How much bar oil should I add?
It’s always best to check the oil level before each use. Keep enough oil in the reservoir to complete each job, and don’t let it run dry. If you use the chainsaw for extended periods, check the levels periodically.
4. How is the chain brake reset?
Push it forward, and it will reset.
5. Where is this chainsaw made?
It is made in China.
7. Tanaka TCS33EDTP Chainsaw
The Tanaka top handle models are more suitable for anyone working off of the ground. It’s among the top choices for cutting limbs from the inside of the tree. If you have to climb to reach the branches, your best bet is to have a top handle. It offers additional safety and versatility when you need it the most.
The Tanaka top handle chainsaw offers you the choice of a 12” or 14” bar. It’s one of the most versatile chainsaws available. This makes it the right choice when you need to work in cramped or confined areas.
The handle placed at the top gives you an advantage over the inside of a tree. It gives you greater control. The size and shape of the saw are made to provide you with increased agility from this viewpoint. You will have more excellent safety when stretching, reaching, or doing overhead work. I wouldn’t take any other saw into a tree.
Pure fire engine
The Pure fire engine offers the economy, and the emissions are less dangerous for the environment. This feature gives you a cleaner fuel burn. It also increases the power to 32.2 ccs while consuming less fuel.
Purge primer bulb
The Purge primer bulb gives you half throttle choke for smoother starts and less warm-up time.
Automatic bar and chain oiler and side access chain
Less maintenance hassle is involved with the automatic bar and chain oiler. This feature keeps the chainsaw running more smoothly and extends the life of the parts. The side-access chain tensioning makes adjusting the chain faster and easier than ever.
- This saw is easy to maneuver in tight places.
- A versatile option for using a 12 or 14-inch bar
- Easy to start
- Powerful saw cuts through light to medium-sized wood fast and easily.
- Chainsaw becomes heavy, causing arm fatigue, cutting firewood.
- Solution: This saw is to be used for overhead work. If applying for extended jobs like cutting wood, you may want to use a different type. This chainsaw is designed for use when on a platform or in a tree, making overhead and side cuts.
- Lightweight for cutting more giant trees
- Solution: Use for trees up to 20″ in diameter.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is this chainsaw made in the USA?
No, it is manufactured in China.
2. What should I use to sharpen the chain?
This chainsaw uses an Oregon bar and chain. For sharpening the chain, you need to use a round file size of 5/32. The 12 and 14-inch chains aren’t costly. If you prefer not to sharpen them trouble, you could purchase a replacement chain to save the work. It’s what I do.
3. What oil and gas ratio should I use for this chainsaw?
The manufacturer recommends a 50:1 ratio, and it is the best mix to use for this particular model.
4. I have a 12-inch bar on my chainsaw. I want to replace it with a 14-inch bar. Where can I find one?
Contact the manufacturer to purchase parts for this chainsaw.
If you’re looking for a high-quality chainsaw for doing overhead and hard-to-reach places, this may be the best choice. I recommend this chainsaw topping trees, trimming, or reaching more obscure locations. The handle makes it a lot easier to keep a firm grip on this saw, so there is less chance of dropping it out of a treetop. It isn’t the best choice for cutting down larger trees or cutting firewood because of the design. Your arms would get tired a lot faster than with the more traditionally placed handles. It is, however, the perfect size and configuration to get into hard-to-reach places safely. Thanks to the top handle, I’m a definite fan of it.
8. Hitachi CS33EB16 Chainsaw
This chainsaw is designed for users who have light to medium duty cutting jobs to get done. It’s perfect for trimming trees and shrubs, removing dead branches, or cutting up firewood. It’s also one of the better gas-powered chainsaw options for people who value the economy in fuel usage and controlling carbon emissions.
Hitachi engineers have loaded. This medium-duty saw with features that add convenience, economy, and comfort. It doesn’t hold back on the power, either. More quickly and easily cut through moderate-sized trees and shrubs with minimal arm fatigue.
5 point anti-vibration supports
This feature cuts down on the amount of vibration that this chainsaw generates during use. It maximizes comfort by decreasing arm and hand fatigue.
The PureFire engine is designed for lower carbon emissions and more economical fuel usage. It does all of this without sacrificing any of the 32 ccs of this 1.6 hp motor. This model is an excellent choice for conservation-minded users. This chainsaw has been rated as CARB Tier III compliant for emission reduction. The engine is commercial grade for high quality.
Gear drive oiler
The auto bar and chain oiler are gear-driven, and it keeps your cuts smooth while extending the parts’ lives.
This feature makes the saw easier to handle when used on the ground. Although not the best choice for climbing up and climbing trees, it is the best choice to cut firewood and perform cutting tasks around the yard.
It is designed to be light in weight to make this chainsaw as comfortable as possible. When combined with the other comfort features, you’ll notice the difference when you use it for extended periods.
Purge primer bulb
More reliable starts are guaranteed with the purge prime bulb. It helps to ensure that fire reaches the spark plugs more quickly for quick starts and fewer pulls.
The safety features have been improved on this model. The 16 inch Oregon bar and chain enhance cutting speed and accuracy and guard against kickbacks. The chain brake is inertia activated. This means that the chain rotation stops immediately, so there is less injury.
Side access chain tensioner
You’ll enjoy more comfortable access to the chain for adjusting the tension. Quickly tighten or loosen to the right setting with minimal effort.
- Quickly and easily cuts through medium-duty jobs.
- Comfortable to use with excellent grips and low vibration
- Starts up easily
- Lightweight is more suitable to handle and use for longer.
- It does not come with a spiked bumper.
- Solution: The spike set may be purchased separately. It is an optional item.
- The chain won’t stay on the bar.
- Solution: You need to adjust the tension of the chain.
- The chainsaw leaks oil when stored over the winter.
- Solution: Drain the oil from the reservoir before placing it in storage.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I find a spiked bumper for this chainsaw?
This part is optional. The part number is #669-6827. You can find it online through a variety of chainsaw parts retailers.
2. The clutch seems to be sticking when I run the saw because it bogs down. What is the problem?
If the brake is on, the chain will not move. When a chainsaw bogs down, it could be that the clutch is sticking, or you may have a dull chain. The solution is to either purchase a replacement chain or to sharpen the existing chain.
3. Where can I find 16 and 18-inch replacement bars for this chainsaw?
You should contact the manufacturer, which is Hitachi. You can reach them by telephone at 800-706-7337.
4. Where is this chainsaw made?
It is made in China.
After conducting some serious research and using my own experience with Hitachi, it comes in high on the best chainsaw reviews list. When it comes to doing light or medium weight work, it performs well. I found more information about the best chainsaw reviews for this product on Amazon.com and Chainsawreviews.com. It filled in any gaps in my experience and knowledge of this chainsaw. This is a great all-around chainsaw. It is among the most comfortable cutting firewood, trimming trees, or doing tree or shrub maintenance.
9. Oregon CS250-S6 Chainsaw
Anyone interested in catching the wave of new technology in chainsaw design will find a host of benefits. The Oregon S250-S6 chainsaw is ideal for users who need to do moderate-duty work. It is designed for clean operation, comfort, and to be eco-friendly. It’s an excellent choice for use in business or residential areas because it produces very little noise during use. If you’re looking forward to completing your cutting jobs without the mess and hassle of mixing oil and putting up with the fumes, this may be the best choice.
The new technology used in developing this chainsaw has taken it over the top when it comes to features. The top priority of engineering is to make this a reliable and effective chainsaw for handling light and medium workloads. The secondary focus of the design is on efficiency and user comfort.
40 Volt Lithium-Ion battery pack
Battery power is a cleaner solution to gas-powered chainsaws. This technology eliminates the problem of carbon emission and is more pleasant during use. This chainsaw has been tested to complete a total of 125 2 to 3-inch limb cuts on one battery charge on average. It takes approximately two hours to achieve the full cost. Some tests have shown that it can cut 250 in higher results. The battery pack is included with the purchase of the chainsaw.
The total weight of the chainsaw and battery is 10.5 pounds. This cuts down on arm and hand fatigue when used for extended periods. It also makes this machine easier to transport from one area to another.
Save your strength and enjoy not having to pull a cord to start your chainsaw. Immediate start is achieved with a simple trigger pull start. It couldn’t be easier or faster. This machine doesn’t require a warm-up period, so it’s even more convenient.
Built-in chain sharpener
This unique feature cuts down on the amount of maintenance needed. The self-sharpening technology sharpens the chain within a few seconds. No more filing is required because the sharpener is integrated into the system. It uses a diamond resurfacing link as a sharpening stone.
Automatic chain and bar lubricating
Keeping your bar and chain lubricated helps to extend the life and make cutting smoother. This intuitive system takes care of this task for you. All you need to do is keep oil in the reservoir.
Kickback is the number one danger when operating a chainsaw. The CS250E is designed to have a low kickback chain with a blade brake handle. The chain stops automatically and instantly in the event of a kickback. It also features a safety trigger interlock system. This prevents the chainsaw from being started by a child or accidentally.
Comfortable handling design
User comfort was a priority when designing this saw. It is ergonomically and light in weight. This helps to reduce arm and hand fatigue when in use. The grip is soft, so it adds additional comfort.
- Does a fast and efficient job for cutting logs up to 10 inches in diameter
- The noise level is low, so it doesn’t bother neighbors.
- Cordless and portable, so it’s easy to take with you anywhere
- High power and clean running without the inconvenience of mixing gas and oil
- It takes longer to cut through logs that are larger in diameter.
- Solution: This chainsaw is intended for medium to light-duty and should be used mostly for these purposes.
- Tools are needed for tensioning.
- Solution: While this is not a tool-less tensioning model, it is easy to access the chain and use a screwdriver to adjust the tension
- Inconvenient to charge batteries in between cuttings
- Solution: To avoid downtime, it’s a good idea to keep a second fully charged battery on hand
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the chain speed?
The chain runs at 6400 rpm.
2. How do you charge the chainsaw?
The battery or power pack and charger are included with the chainsaw. Plug the charger into an electrical outlet and insert the power pack.
3. How long does it take for the battery to charge?
The battery should fully charge within two hours.
4. Can a standard Oregon chain be used on this cordless Oregon chain saw?
The chain for this specific model is different from a standard Oregon chain. Check with the manufacturer for specific compatible chains.
The Oregon CS250-S6 Chainsaw is a bright innovation in chainsaw technology. It adds incredible convenience and is one of the most planet-friendly machines available. The low noise makes it ideal for most settings. I wouldn’t recommend cutting the harder woods or cutting down large trees. I would recommend it for light to moderate duty jobs. Additional information from outdoorpowerbuddy.com and Amazon.com has been used to give a complete overview of the fantastic features that this high-quality chainsaw has to offer.
I would recommend BlueMax for more heavy-duty applications. The Tanaka is best suited for trimming done off the ground. The top handle gives you the best leverage and highest safety levels when climbing the tree to make cuts. The Hitachi is an excellent choice for users looking for the lowest possible vibration level. It’s intended for light to moderate workloads. Finally, Oregon lends the highest level of convenience. It’s the least noisy and is designed for residential use. It offers environmental benefits because there are no emissions and less noise pollution. The differences in each brand and model are what make them each unique. These are the Best Cordless Chainsaw reviews to help you make the right choice the first time around.