The charcoals used in the grill look more or less similar, but all do not give the same feeling for the taste. Because some of them hold additives on the composite wood and many made of natural wood only. And, as a grill aficionado, you can realize how the taste of grilled meat differs for a different fuel.
The lump charcoal is nothing but 100% natural wood that provides a delicious taste of grill for its smokeless heat. As it is not such a popular item, we choose the best lump charcoal packs after extensive research on the existing bags supplied by the reputed brands. In this review guide, you also get all the related information about this useful fuel.
- 1 Top 10 Lump Charcoal Reviews
- 1.1 1. Kamado Joe KJ-Char Hardwood Lump Charcoal
- 1.2 2. Jealous Devil All Natural Hardwood Lump Charcoal
- 1.3 3. Kingsford Easy Light Bag of Lump Charcoal
- 1.4 4. BIG Green Egg CP Natural Lump Charcoal
- 1.5 5. Frontier Jack Daniels Whiskey Barrel Charcoal
- 1.6 6. Coconut Charcoal Long-Run BBQ Briquettes
- 1.7 7. Royal Oak Lump Charcoal
- 1.8 8. Char-Broil Center Cut Lump Charcoal
- 1.9 9. Bayou Classic 500-416 Natural Charcoal Briquettes
- 1.10 10. Primo 608 Natural Lump Charcoal
- 1.11 Buying Guide
- 1.12 Benefits of the good-quality lump charcoal
- 1.13 Frequently Asked Questions
Top 10 Lump Charcoal Reviews
The lump charcoal is well-liked to the users for its purity. The process of making this charcoal is comparatively complex than others because of the green woods become dry in the absence of oxygen. After drying, the hardwood contains only the natural wood, no sap, or natural chemical. That’s why its weight is the one-forth of the green condition and leave only 3% ash after full burning.
Different kinds of raw materials like tree limbs, logs, wood scraps from sawmills, furniture, or flooring can be used for making the lump charcoal. As many manufacturers produce it with different kinds of materials, the variation also gives different results for the grill or another purpose.
1. Kamado Joe KJ-Char Hardwood Lump Charcoal
The legendary Argentinian hardwoods are used for making the Kamado big block charcoal. This charcoal is an exclusive blend of three kinds of wood, and these woods are known as Axebreakers for their density. This dense greenwood meticulously roasted in a traditional outdoor oven to produce this extra-large lump charcoal. As a result, this charcoal burns for a longer time and delivers better flavor and smoke.
- Guayacan, Guayaibi, Mistal, and White Quabracho hardwoods use for this KJ-char charcoal.
- The unique feature of this Argentinian blend is its longer and cleaner burn.
- Every pack of kamado joe lump charcoal contains the right mix of fast-starting small blocks with long-burning large pieces.
- The blocks can use for two to three times for cooking.
- The burning process takes more time to removes all the impurities from the greenwoods to provide this extra-large block of Kamado Joe charcoal.
- These big blocks can burn up to 18 hrs.
- It offers a steak-searing temperature.
- This charcoal can also use in conjunction with the ceramic grill.
- Each pack comes with 20 Ibs 100% natural lump charcoal.
- Cost less for every use.
- 100% natural wood.
- No smoke.
- Better taste.
- Reuse facility.
- Longer burning.
- Jambo block.
- Sometimes dust may found in the pack.
- Little more pricy than the same quality coals.
2. Jealous Devil All Natural Hardwood Lump Charcoal
The jealous devil lump charcoal crafted by the hand from a natural and dense South American hardwood that is 30% dense than the Oak or Hickory. The exceptional carbonization and small-batch producing method make it unique and more searing than wood, briquette, or other brands of lump charcoal. Besides, its burning performance and mild-smokey flavor make it popular among the professional pitmasters, grillers, smokehouses, and restaurants. Moreover, the world’s BBQ enthusiasts and top chefs use this charcoal for their grills.
- The jealous devil charcoal produces from 100% natural South American Hardwood and contains no chemicals, fillers, or scraping materials.
- The industry-leading waterproof re-sealable bag uses for the pack.
- The charcoal bag is designed with a carrying handle and a top zip enclosure.
- The restaurant-quality no sparking, no popping, and low-ash features make it perfect for any grill, smoker, or kamado.
- It doubles the cooking power by providing heat energy over 7000kcal/g and a maximum temperature of more than 1170F.
- It has a longer burning time as more than 4 hrs in open grills and more than 20 hrs in smokers.
- The heat of this lump charcoal enhances the mild-smokey flavor profile of the grilled food.
- Unique sized coal.
- Reliable stuff.
- Incredible heat.
- Distinct smell.
- Clear burn.
- Need more paper sheets to start burning.
- Poor packaging.
3. Kingsford Easy Light Bag of Lump Charcoal
The Kingsford is one of the reputed brands of the USA who brings this light-weight charcoal bag with high-quality blocks. Its easy light kit makes it more portable and convenient for spontaneous grilling with fun. Besides, the quality of this lump charcoal suits more grilling like backyard’s BBQs, great outdoor, tailgate, special holiday. And, it also produces perfect heat for southern-style pork ribs, grilled corn, grilled Ahi Tuna steak, chicken kababs, and more delicious foods.
- It comes with two packs of 2.8 Ibs coal blocks.
- The single-use bag allows grilling anywhere and anytime.
- It needs no lighting fluid or preparation for starting burning.
- The natural ingredients and real wood of this charcoal briquette give an authentic flavor in the grilled food.
- The SureFire Grove technology of the Kingsford ensures the quick lighting of this charcoal.
- This charcoal blocks can fire up to 12” height instantly.
- The small bag offers a comfortable pull out of the block for lighting.
- It features a consistent cooking temperature and helps for enhanced airflow between the briquettes in the grill.
- The manufacturer gives the instructional guide for lighting with these 2 bags package.
- Easy to carry.
- Real smoky flavor.
- Suit more cooking.
- Longer burn time.
- It takes comparatively more time for lighting than the same-quality charcoal.
4. BIG Green Egg CP Natural Lump Charcoal
The Big Green Egg CP lump charcoal made from the ultra-premium organic wood of American Oak and Hickory. The high-quality carbonized wood of this coal burns more efficiently and provides a different taste on the grilled food. Besides, the eco-friendly roasting process allows this CP charcoal to give fewer ashes that lessen the cleanup time after burning.
- The 20-Ibs bag contains 100% natural American Oak and Hickory hardwood.
- No additives added when the greenwood roasted for becoming to charcoal.
- Within 10 minutes of lighting, it produces enough heat for grilling.
- As it does not contain any nitrates, limestones, artificial filters, or petroleum products, it gives a marked flavor on grilled meat.
- The eco-friendly quick-burning CP lump charcoal helps to get healthier cooked food.
- The CP coal can burns for more than 4 hrs in a grill and 25+ hrs in a smoker.
- It leaves a minimum amount of waste after the finish of cooking that helps to clean up quickly.
- 100% natural wood.
- Quick start of burning.
- Minimum ash.
- Easy to clean after burning.
- Smoky and juicy flavor.
- CE certified.
- A little bit pricy.
- It takes more time to complete the cooking.
5. Frontier Jack Daniels Whiskey Barrel Charcoal
The Frontier, one of the famous brands using the whiskey barrel instead of any hardwood to produce this lump charcoal. And they collected these barrel from the American best-selling whiskey brand, Jack Daniel. That’s why this charcoal named Jack Daniel whiskey barrel charcoal.
As the barrel contains the wine for a more extended period, prolonged heating undergoes to make it charcoal. These charcoal briquettes grounded into dust and then make a mold to give a particular size. After that, it is re-heated to remove moisture and provide a dry and hard structure of the shapes. The Frontier supervised this lengthy procedure to make lump charcoal in their manufacturing factory.
- The barrel charcoal is good in quality and burns well because of the wine drum made of Oakwood.
- The size of this charcoal is perfect for all kinds of grilling or smoking because it is not so small or big.
- As the charcoal having a whiskey smell, it gives a savory and delicious taste of the grilled food.
- It starts burning quickly due to the effect of wine on the charcoal blocks.
- It produces enough smoke and high temperature while burning.
- Accurate size.
- Quick light up.
- Longer burning time.
- 100% unique.
- Mellow and smoky flavor.
- Need a little fluid to light up.
- The price is a little high comparing the quantity in the pack.
6. Coconut Charcoal Long-Run BBQ Briquettes
This lump charcoal made from the compressed shell of coconut instead of any American hardwood. As it is made from the by-product of any tree, it is eco-friendly. This coco-briquette also helps to lower the use of the tree logs directly for grilling, smoking, roasting, or cooking. Besides, the ash produces after burning is a good source of natural fertilizer for the plant. Moreover, the users liked it most for outdoor charcoal grilling due to its rich flavoring and refreshing, bold taste.
- This charcoal is a coco-briquette that saves the tree and also sound for the environment.
- It holds a bold flavor that releases on burning and gives strong-tasting feeling on our taste buds.
- The GMO-free organic coconuts shell burns a 3X longer time than any traditional lump charcoal.
- As it is not dry lump coal and contains coconut moisture, it generates more heat than others.
- It also acts as a well-balanced medium between too much and not enough smoking for any BBQ grill or smokers.
- As it gives more cooking temperature, it decreases the requirement of coal for grilling or cooking.
- 100% organic.
- Longer burning time.
- More efficient.
- Good for detoxing home.
- It takes more time to cook.
7. Royal Oak Lump Charcoal
The Royal Oak, one of the reputed brands, brings this charcoal in a small bag that helps to use fresh coal instead of storing it for the next use. Besides, it gives excellent performance on grilling because it is the product of high-quality American wood logs. The price if this charcoal is also sound for the beginners who want a great taste on their grilled meat.
- The 15.4 Ibs bag of royal oak charcoal is a great source for the grill, smoker, kamado, and ceramic grill.
- The high-quality charcoal is a blend of renewable Oak, maple, hickory, and walnut hardwoods.
- It produces less smoke on burning and gives a deep fragrance to the grilled food.
- The coal starts burning and reaches the highest temperature within a short time.
- No extra fluids need to light it.
- This bag contains the right-sized pieces of coal and less dust than other brands.
- The medium-sized coal blocks take only 15 mins to generates the highest heat.
- As it burns quickly and entirely, it produces fewer ashes after burning.
- Due to the 100% chemical-free ingredients, it provides healthy grilled food and also sounds for the environment.
- Small pack.
- Affordable price.
- 100% natural elements.
- Quick light.
- Consistent flavor.
- Fewer chips and dust.
- Safe for both health and the environment.
- A little more smoke comparing the same quality coal.
- It contains some fillers.
8. Char-Broil Center Cut Lump Charcoal
Where most of the brands use wood scraps along with the hardwood to make their product, the Char-Broil uses the only center cut wood logs for their charcoal. That ensures the exceptional quality of this coal. Besides, its lighter-weight, clear-burning, and premium-quality features minimize the production of sparks, dirty smoke, dusty ashes.
- This lump charcoal is made from only center cut hardwoods, no limbs, barks, or excessive fillers use at crafting time.
- The 11 Ibs bag is comparatively lighter than other brand’s pack.
- Most of the charcoal blocks are around 3”-sized.
- After burning, it leaves only 3% ash of the coal pieces.
- As it made of only center woods, the chunks start burning quickly.
- The Char-Broil uses a protective lining on this charcoal bag that protects the coal chunks from breaking while shipping a or carrying.
- The comparatively big coal blocks ensure the extended burning time while cooking.
- As it burns for a longer time, it helps to get a good searing on fish and meat.
- The premium quality coal chunks offer a professional choice for grilling.
- 100% organic.
- Clean burning.
- Faster start.
- Easy cleanup.
- Uniform pieces.
- Not suit some grills and stoves.
- Unsustainable heat.
9. Bayou Classic 500-416 Natural Charcoal Briquettes
The Bayou Classic becomes accessible to the customers due to its high-quality briquettes made from the best-quality hardwood. They produce 500-416 16-Ibs bag natural charcoal briquette from 100% natural hardwoods, and no additives use to craft it. Due to its environment-friendly renewable sources of charcoal, this coal burns for a long tie and provides a unique feeling of the grill.
- The 100% natural hardwood used to make this bayou classic briquette.
- Cornstarch used to bind the hardwood to give the shape of this charcoal chunk.
- No limestones, sawdust, or chemical fillers add on the mold.
- Each bag packed with 16 Ibs right-sized ridged coal blocks.
- It provides deep flame while burning that helps to grill the meat entirely.
- It furnishes the natural flavor of the grilled food.
- As it contains 100% natural components, it burns for a prolonged time and leaves less amount of ashes after burning.
- No fluid needs to light it and also starts burning quickly.
- After ignition, it maintains a consistent temperature that helps to cook first.
- Because of the absence of any filler, it produces no foul smoke while burning.
- This lump charcoal is also hotter than any other conventional briquettes.
- 100% organic.
- Fast ignite.
- Reliable temperature.
- Lengthy-time of burning.
- No chemical taste or aroma.
- Comparatively more dust than other bags.
- Some users complain about the ignition.
10. Primo 608 Natural Lump Charcoal
The Primo is the ceramic fuel producing company in America who maintain the high-quality of the product and uses only the domestic raw materials to make the lump charcoal. The primo 608 has a unique feature that provides an unbeatable combination of flavor and taste on the grilled food. Besides, the quick starting and long-lasting hotter fire of this 608 primo charcoal give you an enjoyable feast with your family and friends.
- This premium grade lump charcoal made from the hardwood found in Missouri.
- The 20 Ibs bag contains the unique oval-shaped high-quality coal chunks.
- It offers the highest flexibility and efficiency on any ceramic grill.
- It allows real two-zone direct and indirect cooking at the same time.
- When burns with the seasoned wood, it gives a smoky flavor on the grilled foods.
- The natural hardwood burns for a long time and generates a hotter temperature for better BBQ experience.
- It helps to retain all juices on the food while grilling that provides a stunning taste of the meat and vegetables.
- As the chunks do not contain any chemical fillers, it allows cooking a healthy dish.
- It can burn up to 36 hrs while simmering a low amount and can be used for 35 cooks.
- Perfect for grill and smoker.
- No chemical effect.
- Consistent temperature.
- Fast firing.
- All-natural ingredients.
- Smoky flavor.
- Coal blocks are comparatively small.
- It charges high comparing the chunk quality.
The lump charcoal is an essential fuel for the grill but not so valuable that you need to concentrate more on buying it. As charcoal is a carbon compound, you can not stop the air pollution that happens with the burning of it. You can do to choose the high-quality lump coal that helps you to lowers the emission of greenhouse gas through the heat emits with the firing.
Before taking a new fuel bag for your grill, you need to know about the difference between the briquette and the lump charcoal. Because when you go to the online shop or market near to you, you will find both of them manufactured by the same company that may create confusion.
As the greenwood dried without oxygen, the lump charcoal contains only carbon, whereas lots of additives added to give a specific shape when manufactured the briquettes. So the lump charcoal produces more temperature than the briquette but also cools fast. Moreover, it releases less harmful chemicals than others. Though some recipes require briquette, the amount of lump charcoal needs to adjust when you pick it from the market.
To get the best result on grilled food and lessen the environmental pollution, you have to consider the following factors while paying for the bags of lump charcoal.
Size of the charcoal chunk
The size of the charcoal chunk is the first factor that you need to check. The large-sized coal is more efficient than the smaller one on burning because it retains the temperature for a long time and also can reuse on the next cooking. Besides, while delivering, the bag gets a significant pressure that breaks the blocks. So when you receive it, you will take more chips and dust that lowers the quality and also severely affects your grilling.
Therefore, with the big size of the lump charcoal, proper protection on the packaging is also needed to get better smoking experiences from the lumps.
The lump charcoal is a dried piece of greenwoods. That’s why the quality of the tree limb affects the carbon quality as well as the grill taste. There are many trees which sap contains different inorganic elements of the fertilizer at an immature stage. The immature timber that contains the chemical ingredients may turn into the great-sized coal chunk but produces the smoke with a blend of these harmful chemicals. Since you can get it with a low-price. These cheap and low-quality hardwood emits heat with lots of smoke, may give the smoky flavor on the grilled food, but polluted the air more.
The high-quality mature logs provide the charcoal that generates smoke-free heats while burning though these are comparatively expensive than others. Usually, the Oak, maple, hickory, white quebracho logs give better quality lumps that cook for a long time and also reusable.
In general, the coal from the famous brand may go high in quality than the inexpensive products. There are lots of brands like Fogo, Kamado, Kingsford. Royal brings the best quality chunk at an affordable price. So you want to get the quality charcoal; you have to choose the leading brands.
Benefits of the good-quality lump charcoal
Most of all, charcoal plays the same role for grilling. Perhaps, the lump charcoal becomes popular among the users due to its particular features. These features are given below.
- The good-quality coal blocks leave less amount of ashes after burning entirely.
- Usually, the lump charcoal block burns for 7 to 8 hrs, but some brand items can burn up to 18 hrs and also reusable.
- The charcoal lump may burn 20 mins more by weight compared with the briquettes.
- The irregular shape of it increases the burning time in a chimney.
- Due to its 100% natural materials, it provides a unique and fresh flavor on the grilled food.
- As this type of charcoal os nothing but pure carbon, it generates smoke-free heat after start burning.
- It saves the cooking time by creating a high temperature up to 14000F within 20 mins of start burning.
- As a fuel for grilling, the cost of the lump charcoal is considerably low than the gas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is better lump charcoal or briquettes?
The briquette and the lump charcoal both burn for giving a certain level of heat to sizzling the food ingredients. Besides, they provide an additional flavor on the cooked food. There are lots of differences between these two fuels of grilling but have no significant evidence of which one is better.
When we look at the composition of these two types of charcoal, we see that the lump charcoal is 100% natural hardwood, and the charcoal briquette contains some additives. Besides, the lump charcoal generates more temperature and burns for a long time. Though it releases smoke-free heat and little ashes after burning, it is expensive than the briquette.
On the other hand, the briquette releases smoke with the chemical it holds, but have no proof of its harmful impact on the cooked food. Except for this, it gives a steady temperature for a longer time and also cheaper than the other.
These differences can not make any variation on the choice of these two. The more exciting thing is that there is a recommendation for using both of them together for some recipes.
What charcoal is the best for BBQ?
There are different types of charcoal available in the market. These are Charcoal briquette, Hardwood lump charcoal, Instant charcoal briquette, Flavored briquette, Binchotan, and Thai charcoal. All have a distinct effect on the grilled food, and all grill aficionados have not the same choice for the taste. So the best performance of the charcoal depends on individual taste. The one thing that you have to do to select the best brand’s charcoal to scorch. Among hundred producers of the charcoal, The Royal, The Weber, The Fogo, The Kingsford, The Kamado manufacture the good-quality charcoal from the high-quality hardwood of Oak, hickory, maple, mesquite, and applewood. Therefore, you have to pick the pack of considering your grill type and taste to get the best experience for the BBQ.
How can you make the lump charcoal?
To make the lump charcoal, you need a 55-gallon metal drum, 5-gallon new steel paint bucket, 35 pieces of regular dry firewood, dry hardwood (2.4” diameter), large leather woodstove, or welding gloves. The next steps have to be followed to get high-quality charcoal.
At first, make ½” to ¾” holes at the bottom forth of the metal drum at random about 12 to 14 to convert it into the charcoal oven. Then drilled a 5/8” hole at the lid of the paint bucket and layered the dry hardwood in it to use it as a crucible. Place this crucible at the upright position into the metal drum. Then start a small fire at the side of the crucible and add the hardwood slowly to make it hot. Try to fill it as possible to leave minimum space or no airspace at the top. After that, sprinkle some fuel around the cauldron to keep the fire burning. Within 30 to 45 mins, the white steam of wood moisture will come out. When the wood starts to burning this steam turns into grey. At this stage, you have to observe it. When no flame is seen, you have to remove the crucible carefully from the drum. To do it, use woodstove gloves and a pair of long tongs. Then conceal the holes with a damp rag and leave it overnight to become cold. By the morning, you will get the charcoal ready to use.
What is the longest-lasting lump charcoal?
Most of the lump charcoal has a specific capacity to give fire. Among all, some high-quality brands can burn the longest. These are the Kingsford, the B & B, the Fire & Flavor, The Coshell, the Stubb, and the Royal, who produce the lump charcoal by using the best quality wood of Oak. Perhaps, how much time the coal will burn depends on the surrounding of the grill. You need to maintain the airflow towards the grill while cooking. If the air passes the area rapidly, then the charcoal will cool down and maybe stop to burn. So to get the long-lasting charcoal, keep it close together and tight on the grill chamber and control the airflow. Besides, if you add the extra coal block when necessary, you will get the fire for a longer time.
What is the healthiest charcoal to use?
Maximum charcoal briquettes contain additives like fillers, nitrates, limestones, petroleum products, and borax that deteriorate the food quality after burning. So to get the healthiest charcoal for cooking, you have to avoid the charcoal that crafted with these elements. The lump charcoal is the healthiest one because it is made from the original hardwood of high-quality tree timber as Oak, Hickory. Perhaps the burning of coal is not sound for the air because it is a carbon product that affects the greenhouse heating system of the earth. After that, the charcoal that has only carbon materials will be the healthiest to use. Of course, it should be right-sized without any dust or debris.
What is the cowboy charcoal?
The cowboy charcoal is a charcoal producing company that committed to continuing the authentic heritage of the Cowboy Charcoal Company. It was familiar to the ancient day that the farmers cut the trees to expand their land and place that cut trees in the pits and burn it. After several weeks of inspection and cooling, they sold to the charcoal in the local market as a cash crop.
In the early 1930s, Ronald Crace started the large-scale production of the charcoal with the help of an Ohio Brick Kiln operator. Walk the long run, in 1992, finally, the Cowboy Charcoal formed as a company and built a state-of-the-art, environmentally compatible, and wood-retort plant in Albany, KY. Over a decade, they produced and marketed the natural lump charcoal in industrial, retailer, wholesale, and foodservice accounts. At present day, the Cowboy Charcoal is the fully-owned subsidiary of the DuraFlame Inc, who is continuing that heritage and also enhances the quality to provide the best grilling experiences to the BBQ enthusiasts.
Is charcoal cancerous?
No, The charcoal is not carcinogenic. But it contains carbon, some benzene, and quinine based elements that are cancerous. Still, there is no experimental evidence that the charcoal creates cancer in a human body. When the charcoal burns in a grilling machine, it produces a high-temperature flame. When the meat cooked on this high flame, Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) built on it. The epidemiologists found these PAHs cause cancer in skin, stomach, lever in the lab animals. As the time of grilling that chemical produced in the steak or meat, so overeating of grilled food may cause cancer in human bodies. Although there are so many ways to reduces the production of PAHs on grilling. But it can be said the charcoal itself can not cause cancer.
How do you keep a charcoal grill going for hours?
If you want to make your grilled meat delicious and smoky, then you have to sizzle it at a low temperature slowly. And to get the charcoal burning for hours, you have to use it properly.
At first, clean your grill and put around 10 Ibs of charcoal in it. Then clean the grilling grates and light up the charcoal with a little amount of fluid. When the charcoal becomes white, place the food on the barbecue. After putting the food, set the top and side outlets of the chimney to get maximum oxygen for the fire. Remember, more open space will provide more airflow, and low airflow may lower the temperature of the grill. The halfway of the vents is the best for burning the coal slowly and produce a high-temperature.
After one hour, add new coal blocks on the chamber to run the cooking. Keep in mind that never spray any fluid on the charcoal after putting the food to cook. In general, ten Ibs charcoal can burn for two to three hours to sizzle four to five Ibs of fish, meat, or any food dishes. Whereas, you need to use 20 Ibs if you want to burn comparatively thick food like pork shoulders, beef briskets.
When you add the fresh charcoal in the chamber, open the vent fully to get more oxygen for starts burning the new chunks. And, close it midway when the new block turns to white. If you continue the grilling this way, you can keep the charcoal burning for a prolonged time.
Are charcoal ashes good for anything?
When the charcoal burns in the grill, it left over the ashes on it. This ash enriches with minerals like potassium. And this potassium is an essential nutrient for the plant. So you can easily use the ashes to fertilize your garden soil. Besides this, it is also useful for controlling the pest in a vegetable garden.
Besides, the briquettes that contain the starchy organic binders like potato or corn and borax leave the wood, boron, and horticultural starch into ashes. These are also a good mineral source for a plant.
But the one thing you must be confirmed that the charcoal should be made of 100% natural ingredients. If any chemical additive or substance uses to compose the coal blocks, then the ashes get from their burning will be toxic for the plant.
How do you know the lump charcoal is ready?
After lighting the charcoal blocks, it does not get ready instantly for cooking. It needs a certain period to be prepared for it. When the chunk starts to become white, you can not say that it’s time to put the food ingredients on the grill grates. You have to wait up to two-third of the charcoal blocks turn into white. And, when the generation of smoke has stopped, you can put the food for searing. You can also use a grill tool to move the chunks to get ready fastly. Besides, you can check the temperature for the desired heat need to grill by a temperature gauge. Moreover, if you can not hold your hand near the charcoal for more than 8 seconds, then it will be ready for grilling.
How many times can you reuse the lump charcoal?
You have to put a large number of charcoal chunks to start grilling, and almost 2/3rd of then remain unburned after completing the cooking. You can use these unburned coal blocks two to three times on your next grilling. For this, after grill off, you have to cool the charcoal blocks quickly. After cooling, you have to separate the ashes through a mess and store it in a dry place for the next use. The ashes you get can also use on your vegetable garden for fertilizing the soil because it is a good source of mineral for the plant.
Although burning the lump charcoal causes air pollution and also warning for the environment as lots of trees need to cut craft it. Considering the cost of fuel and the distinctive flavor of the grilled food items, we liked it most.
At the same time, as we use it and you are also looking for the best lump charcoal, then we think this review guide already provides all the information that you need.