Many people do not realize groundwater temperature impacts a lot in the water temperature comes out from the taps. The Rheem RTGH-95XLN water heater unit increases groundwater temperature before it reaches the taps. This function is conducted to help you enjoy the hot water regularly at any time you want. This Rheem RTGH-95XLN installed outside of your home. The metal case surrounds water heater which protects the components from environmental conditions. In this Rheem RTGH-95XLN Whole House Tankless Water Heater Reviews our team of expert found that this unit has two built-in unique features. One is overheating protection, and the other is freeze protection. For example, the cold temperature outside creates disorder in pipes and plumbing system. But the Rheem tank less water heater freeze protection does not allow the water to freeze in lines even at freezing outside temperature. It comes out from your faucets and shower applications very quickly so that you enjoy the instant hot water. The overheating protection protects the device from reaching the critical temperature and shutting down.
- Its energy factor (EF) is 0.94.
- Stainless steel is condensing heat exchanger.
- The 2-Pipe direct vent system has designed for its PVC pipe.
- Takes up to 35 feet of 3 feet PVC pipe or it takes 5 feet of 2 feet PVC pipe.
- This natural gas tankless water heater minimum flow rate is 0.26 GPM.
- The minimum activation flow rate of this Rheem RTGH-95XLN is 0.40 GPM.
- This water heater unit comes with digital (UMC-117) remote control.
- Thermostat wire 10-feet which included with the product.
- Wi-Fi facility added for more user-friendly use.
- EcoNet enabled the system and the self-diagnostic system included for efficient performance and solving problems.
The efficiency level is 0.94 EF. Its condensing stainless steel heat exchanger performs the task of recycling exhaust heat and permits system to capture more energy during the combustion process.
Capacity Of Performance
The minimum flow rate is 0.26 GPM. Again the minimum activation flow rate is 0.40 GPM. So the hot water is ensured even in its low situations. Its recirculation pump kit provides hot water faster from the tap. At last, it saves thousands of gallons of water per year. The device provides hot water instantly for an extended period with the continuous flow without any fluctuations. Thus it fulfills the need of hot water.
The water heater is EcoNet enabled which means it has Wi-Fi. Rheem RTGH-95XLN Tankless water heater connects to EcoNet mobile app via tankless EcoNet accessory kit. In case of higher demand to use hot water in more applications, multiple tankless units are linked and operated as one system with its link cable, control board and manifold control assembly. The links for numerous unit’s usage given below-
- For two units it requires EZ Link cable.
- For up to 6 units it is attached with MIC-6 Control Board.
- MIC-185 plus MICS-180 manifold control assembly functions for 20 units to run the hot water.
Environmentally friendly system
Due to its low emissions as ultra-low NOx burner, it meets the SCAQMD rule 1146.2 requirements. Every year you contribute to save water from this device because it eliminates wastage of water as it delivers hot water instantly.
Overheat film wrap prevents the rise of dangerous temperatures. Its clearance is ½ inch. This water heater comes with freeze protection ability to -30 degree Fahrenheit.
Warranty and support
Residential installation gets 12 years of warranty on heat exchanger, and commercial installation gets 5 years warranty on heat exchanger. Both get the 5-year warranty on parts and 1-year warranty on labor.
Installation and service factor
The water needs 2-inch venting connections. Vent takes up to 150 ft. With 3 inch PVC and for 2 inch PVC it takes 60 ft. There is built-in condensate neutralizer. This tank-less water heater requires of the gas line of ½ inch compatible to 24 ft.
- It has a setting which alerts the user if any servicing is required.
- The self-diagnostic system automatically functions for problems and performance.
- It works great in high altitude for up to 9840 ft. Elevation above sea level.
- Pre-wired digital remote control. Thermostat wire of 10 ft. is also included. The user gets notified of the temperature settings and service codes.
- Power supply to run the water heater 120V.
- Rheem RTGH water heater provides instant and continuous hot water.
- It saves energy.
- It is compact in size
- Design is space saving, sleek and elegant.
- No emissions of harmful substances.
- ENERGY STAR gives the certification honor. Most of the Raheem Tankless water heater are comes with this certification.
- No extra chip required when installing in high elevation and altitude areas.
- Intelligent electronic controls made for energy efficiency and safety.
- This Rheem RTGH-95XLN comes with a built-in electric blower.
- Highly environmental friendly to operate in urban or rural areas.
- Digital display shows the settings of temperature and maintenance codes.
Cons with solution
- The water gets too hot quickly what to do.Solution: The water gets too hot because; If the temperature set too high, you need to check and decrease the temperature setting with the help of the remote controller. Then Check the shut-off valve carefully. You must completely open the shut-off valve. Finally, allow more water to flow through the water heater by increasing hot water flow at the faucets.
In this way, a user needs to troubleshoot the problems step by step. The instruction manual is the guideline to solve major and minor issues.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: What if the gas valve not completely opened?
Answer: of course you must check and open the glass valve. Otherwise, the water will not get sufficiently hot.
Q: How to verify the gas meter and gas supply after two months?
Answer: You go or contact gas utility company or gas contractor for gas related issues.
Q: Name some of the accessories.
Answer: The accessories for the water heater are- overheat film wrap, service valves, vent kits, pipe cover, EZ links, MIC 6, MIC-185, recess box, manifold and cables, extra remote controls, venting and termination- 2” or 3” PVC, service parts, flush kits, recirculation pump kits.
Q: Is insulation blankets required for the water heater?
Answer: As this water heater does not store water, therefore, insulation blanket is not required at all.Q: Where is the DIP switch for high altitude adjustments?
Answer: The location of DIP switch 2 is in the top right portion of PCB. The bottom switch labeled as DIP 2.
The bottom line is that this water heater is highly user-friendly and eco-friendly to use. It serves hot water following the user’s demand and necessity. In all e-commerce sites, the water heater has been rated very high. The manufacturer made this Rheem RTGH-95XLN gas tankless water heater unit and added unique features for users benefit. The features and technologies are segmented through many research activity including product development research and expert team research only to satisfy this water heater user. You can research the water heater more by going through its catalog.