Have you chosen a safe and straightforward heater for your house’s water system? However, you do not want to pay more, and you will be unable to change your house’s installation system.
You can take a safe hot shower without having to spend more money if you install the best electric tankless water heater. This advanced heating machine won’t require updating your current power system because hundreds of models have variable electricity requirements.
Still, decide which one will work best for you?
Keep your thoughts to yourself. You can find a shortlist of the most efficient models in this guide. Besides this, you will get complete information about the device, which will enable you to choose the one that’s right for you.
- 1 The 10 Best Electric Tankless Water Heater Reviews
- 1.1 EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 1.2 ECO TOUCH Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 1.3 Bosch Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 1.4 Stiebel Eltron Tankless Water Heater – Tempra 29 Plus
- 1.5 Rheem RTX-13 Residential Tankless Water Heater
- 1.6 ECO 18 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 1.7 Atmor AT-910-27TP ThermoPro Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 1.8 Titan SCR 2 N-120 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 1.9 Eemax SP3512 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 1.10 EcoSmart POU 3.5 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 2 Buying Guide
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3.1 Is it better to use an electric water heater instead of a tank?
- 3.2 How long will a tankless water heater last?
- 3.3 Why do you need to flush your tankless water heater?
- 3.4 Tankless water heaters can be cleaned with CLR?
- 3.5 Is it possible to heat the whole house with a tankless water heater?
- 3.6 Is it safe to use electric tankless water heaters?
- 3.7 How good are electric tankless water heaters compared to gas ones?
- 3.8 How to Install a Tankless Electric Water Heater
The 10 Best Electric Tankless Water Heater Reviews
The tankless water heater allows you to save the space that needs a traditional one and lessens the investment cost because you do not have to change your house’s electrical system. Besides, this electric device allows you to get rid of cold water through the faucet without installing a large appliance. You can install it even under the sink. We prepare this review guide with the market-leading water heater brands that also come at an affordable price. These models also give you a comparatively lower electricity bill compared with others. We are sure that one of these electric heaters must suit your house system.
EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater
ECO 27 is one of the most-demanding tankless electric water heaters that save the 50% electricity bill comparing the others. Its self-modulating technology makes it unique from the traditional electricity system. Besides, it suits the cold climatic condition and also delivers with a high flow rate. Moreover, you will never be out of hot water if you have this EcoSmart Tankless heater.
- The Eco 27 is a self-modulating design that saves 50% on electric costs by lowering consumption needs.
- The digital temperature control in-10 increment efficiently controls the flow of hot water with 800F to 1400F temperature.
- Copper and stainless steel materials increase the durability and offer easy installation of this EcoSmart electric heater.
- The compact and stylish design saves up to 12 cubic feet of storage space.
- It requires a 27kW heating system, 240Volts, and 112.5amp maximum power system to run successfully.
- Three 40 amps breakers and three 8AWG wire gauges require to operate this tankless heater.
- It can deliver 3-gallons hot water per minute at as low as 370F incoming water temperature in the Northern United States.
- In the southern state, it deals with 6 GPM, which means four showers and sinks.
- This smart tankless heater offers a limited lifetime warranty from the manufacturer.
- Sleek and compact design.
- Save maintenance costs.
- Self-regulating system.
- Continuous water flow.
- Digital control.
- Need to promote electric wiring.
ECO TOUCH Electric Tankless Water Heater
The ECO TOUCH brings appliances with advanced technology, reliable craftsmanship, and attractive design to allow an active, enthusiastic, and secure life over 20 years. The point-of-use water heater is one of the most leading models of the electric tankless heater whose 3600 installation process with small structure provides an ideal design for kitchen, school, bar, hospital, community, and even in the saloon.
- The 5.5kW heating system of this point-of-use water heater supplies instant, consistent, and endless hot water of 1160F temperature.
- The compact size of this electric heater allows it to install under the sink.
- The innovative self-adjustment technology determines the power consumption requirement based on the flow rate and temperature setting in actual time.
- The optimal energy efficiency of 98% saves a considerable amount of electric cost.
- The digital display with a touch control panel allows a comfortable setting of the desired temperature.
- The increased protection in every part ensures the 100% safety of this electric device.
- The inner water system and electric lines are designed individually, which helps to avoid leakage or build a scale of hard water.
- It can be mounted horizontally, vertically, or obliquely above or under the sink.
- The ½” NPT and 10AWG power cord allow installation without any help from a professional plumber.
- This tankless heater can heat 1.2 GPM from 670F to 1090F temperature.
- 3600 installation.
- Sleek and small.
- Quick heating. Safe and 98% energy efficient.
- Touch operation
- Durable and Inexpensive
- Not for the shower.
Bosch Electric Tankless Water Heater
The 9.5kw electric tankless water heater is one model of the Bosch Tronic 3000 series that can easily be installed in a visible location like a bar, kitchen, bathroom, garage, laundry room, pool-houses. Its energy-efficient technology saves both energy and money. Besides, as it is a tankless heater, it needs no pressure or relief valve for heats up and supplying the hot water directly. The specifications and versatility make it ideal for kitchens, offices, storehouses, service stations, warehouses, and concession stands.
- The compact design of this point-of-use heater allows installing both horizontally and vertically above or under the sink.
- The thermal efficiency of this tankless heater is 98% that reducing both consumption rate and electricity cost.
- The 9.5kw can be installed with 240V, 40 amps, circuit breaker, and 8AWG wire.
- It heats the water at 1.4 – 0.9 GPM, with a temperature rise of 450F – 750F.
- The dual-chambered copper heat exchanger raises the temperature quickly.
- It needs professional installation and hardwiring.
- An instructional guide includes the users.
- The producer offers a 5-yrs limited warranty for heating components and a 1-yr for other parts of the Tronic 3000 series.
- A small device with enough power.
- Easy to install.
- Affordable price.
- Professional warranty.
- Pressure drop.
- No thermostat valve.
Stiebel Eltron Tankless Water Heater – Tempra 29 Plus
The Steibel Eltron Tempra 29 plus features an advanced flow control technology that ensures constant comforts with automatic temperature control. When the temperature exceeds the capacity, it reduces the flow rate to avoid interruption on the hot shower. Besides, the on-demand operating procedure prevents energy wastage and ensures the endless supply of hot water as needed.
- The compact and shiny design of Tempra 29 plus offers reliability and comforts for the whole-house water system.
- It needs no vent and saves a minimum of 12 cubic feet of space than a traditional water heater.
- Three secure 40 amp circuit breakers and eight gauge copper wiring systems need for this water heater.
- A hardwiring 208 & 240 Volt power supply with a maximum of 21.600 & 28,800 watts requires running this tankless heater.
- The household needs a maximum of 200 amp electric service to fit this Tempra water heater.
- The electronically controlled water flow takes 5-7 seconds to deliver the hot water through the facets.
- The digital display shows the accurate temperature and energy efficiency level.
- The auto-modulation system saves 15 to 20 percent energy consumption that lowers electricity bills.
- The firm copper heating chamber helps to get the desired temperature quickly.
- The advanced flow control technology maintains the constant temperature of the tap water.
- It delivers hot water at 0.77 GPM with 860F to 1400F temperature range.
- The preset temperature memory button is designed on this Tempra 29 plus mode.
- Suit regular electric system.
- Completely silent.
- Multiple-room service.
- A little tricky installation.
Rheem RTX-13 Residential Tankless Water Heater
Rheem is one of the most extensive manufacturers of water heating products. The 240V heating chamber of the RTX-13 is suitable for any residential water heating system and supplies continuous warm water for single point-of-use or multiple applications. Besides, this residential tankless heater helps to adjust the temperature level as required.
- The adaptable digital thermostatic control panel with an LED display shows the most accurate energy-consuming data.
- Self-modulating power control prevents the loss of electricity while running.
- The durable copper immersion two heating elements of RTX-13 enhances its working life.
- The ½” adaptor and ½” compression water connections make easy installation of this RTX-13 tankless heater.
- Adjustable temperature control with an increment of 10F can save up to 98% energy.
- The 13kw model flows the warm water from 1.5 GPM to 3.17 GPM.
- It runs with a 240V, 54 amps power system.
- A 60-amp breaker box needs to install this 54-amp electric tankless heater.
- The manufacturer gives a one-year warranty for parts of this unit.
- Quick heating.
- Comfortable temperature.
- Straightforward installation.
- Only for a small family.
- Raise heat slowly.
- Do not suit cold areas.
ECO 18 Electric Tankless Water Heater
The Eco 18 is one of the tankless water heaters of the EcoSmart that can deliver warm water in two sinks and two showers in hot and one tub and one shower in cold climatic conditions simultaneously. The size of this tankless electric heater is constructed based on the flow rate of water and temperature rise. That’s why you can choose it depending on your needs that also helps to ease the installation and storage when not in use. Besides, It can serve a big family.
- The highly durable copper and stainless components offer a lifetime warranty for this tankless electric device.
- The self-modulating technology takes only 30 seconds to disperse the desired temperature water to the faucet from the water tank.
- The ECO 18 can heat 2.5 GPM with a low inlet temperature of 620 F and an output setting of 1040 F.
- When the incoming water temperature exceeds 700 F, it releases warm water at 1.5 GPM each of two showers.
- The digital temperature control panel allows to set it with a 10 F incrimination of the temperature.
- Its size and energy-consuming capability make it perfect for a 75 amp power panel.
- It requires two 40 amp double pole circuit breakers and two sets of 8 AWG wires to install.
- This EcoSmart heater can save up to 60% energy consumption.
- Reasonable price.
- Easy installation.
- Endless warm water.
- Suit any temperature of the incoming water.
- Suit indoor installation only.
- Obscure warranty terms.
Atmor AT-910-27TP ThermoPro Electric Tankless Water Heater
The thermoPro 27 kW, 240 V tankless water heater is perfect for the cold climate of Northern America. It can supply five applications like two showers (1.5 GPM), one kitchen sink (1GPM), and two bathroom sinks (0.5 GPM) at a time. Moreover, this compact-sized electric heater needs no vents and can easily be installed inside the house or the garage.
- The self-modulating technology helps to regulate the requirement of the energy to heat the incoming water.
- The digital control panel helps to set the temperature within 90-1350 F with 10 F increments.
- The AT-910-27TP model requires three 40 amp single-phase DP breakers and 3×8 AWG wires to connect with a 240 V & 113 amp power load.
- Its special attachments help heat the water as low as 370 F at 2.2 GPM and 5.1 GPM at 730 F of incoming water temperature.
- The stainless steel interior ensures the durability of this 27kw electric heater.
- The corrosion-resistant components provide high heat efficiency and longer life expectancy.
- It can save up to 50% of electricity bills comparing a traditional water heater.
- It starts to deliver hot water instantly with the faucet’s opening and stops heat when the valve closes.
- The easy-to-use digital control panel helps to get the right temperature as needed.
- The ATMOR ThermoPro tankless water heater comes with a 2-yrs manufacturer’s warranty and 7-yrs limited warranty against leaks.
- The IP54 certified the ATMOR electric tankless water heater for the risk-free internal components.
- Safe for the user.
- 50% less energy requirement.
- Easy operation.
- Extended warranty.
- We need an additional installation of a pressure relief valve.
- Poor performance in cold weather.
Titan SCR 2 N-120 Electric Tankless Water Heater
The SCR 2 N-120 tankless water heater is the newest device of the Titan that provides the quickest and accurate control over temperature. It features air and water reverent analyzing technology that prevents hard starting while the integrated digital microprocessor checks the incoming and outgoing temperature level at 21TPS. This new technology is the invention of the cooperating research of NASA and Niagara industries who manufactures this electrical water heater.
- A smaller space is needed to install this new heating device.
- The Ul and ANSI approved the entire design of the Titan SCR 2 electric tankless water heater.
- The adjustable temperature control board with a single button is attached to the main structure that provides a comfortable setting.
- The digital display instructs red for On and amber for standby.
- The flow rate is 4 GPM, where the incoming water temperature is above 650F.
- The energy efficiency capacity is 99.5%.
- The Ni-Chrome or dual Incoloy components help to heat up fast.
- The copper and brass casing prevents the lime and sediment buildup due to hard water.
- It needs a 60 amp breaker and a 6 AWG wire to install.
- The resettable thermostat manual included the device to aid in avoiding scalding into the fire.
- The producer offers a 10-yrs warranty for all water-carrying elements and a 1-yr guarantee for other parts.
- More advanced technology.
- Suit a medium-sized dwelling.
- Easy to install.
- Continuous flow.
- Hard water-resistant.
- Extreme energy efficiency.
- Extended warranty.
- Sometimes it gives temperature fluctuation.
- The flow rate decreases with low incoming pressure.
Eemax SP3512 Electric Tankless Water Heater
The SP3512 electric tankless water heater is one of the most efficient heaters, which needs no T & P valve to warm up the water at the desired temperature. You need to bring the water in the line, nothing else. This small device will do everything to give you hot water. Besides, it is not a well-established product but offers relatively good results at a reasonable price than other identical quality heaters. Moreover, this Eemax tankless heater can serve you for more than 20 years that is more surprising for a cheap electric heater.
- The weight of this electric heater is only 3 Ibs and suggested to fit in a single point.
- The design suits only the hand shower, not a regular shower.
- Its energy efficiency is 99%, which means it loses only 1% of the energy needed to operate it.
- A flow switch integrated with the design delivers hot water instantly when you push it.
- The dimension of the Eemax water heater is 10.75″ × 2.25″ × 3.0″ that does not desire extra space for installation.
- It demands 120 V, 29 amps, and a 3.5kW power system to supply the hot water when you need it.
- The manufacturer offers a1-yr limited warranty for the parts and a 5-yrs warranty for leaks.
- Smallest size.
- More energy-efficient.
- Easy installation process.
- Instant hot water.
- Suit standard power system.
- It does not suit even a shower.
- Sometimes it fails to heat the water.
EcoSmart POU 3.5 Electric Tankless Water Heater
The compact size of this EcoSmart POU tankless water heater can install under the sink and perfectly suits the wet bars, strip malls, Doctor’s offices, boats, RVs, and bathroom sinks. Besides, this right point of use electric heater model suits only a sink and can run with the inlet water at 570F temperature.
- The dimension is 11″ × 6.5″ × 3.5,” and the weight is only 3 Ibs.
- It requires a minimum 100 amp electric control panel with a 30 amp single pole breaker and a 10 AWG wire to install.
- It delivers 0.5 GPM with a temperature range of 80 to 140-degree Fahrenheit with 1-degree increments.
- The heat exchanger unit is made with stainless steel, and the heating elements are made with copper and brass.
- The self-modulating flow sensor optimizes power consumption and saves up to 60% of energy and electricity costs.
- It comes with a 1-yr limited warranty for the parts, elements, and heat exchangers.
- Small and sleek design.
- Simple operating system.
- Digital temperature control technology.
- Durable heating elements.
- Easy to install.
- Low capacity
We know that the electrical product needs a specific power system to run, and an accident may occur at any time without a proper adjustment with electricity. Besides, we are always trying to secure our hard-earning money when buying something. That’s why you need to consider some critical issues related to the best electric tankless water heater if you want to get better performance from your device along with your existing power system. Here we state the most significant issues that you have to know before paying for a particular tankless electric heater. So, please select your tankless water heater based on the effect of these vital things.
The price of a tankless electric heater is lower than any gas-powered water heater. So you do not think more about the price. But you have to include the installation cost with the initial investment because if you have no expertise, you have to hire a professional installer. And the charge of a licensed plumber and their availability is not cheap or easy. In this situation, you can choose a brand that provides a free or low-charge installation service for their products. It may lower your expenditure on this electric heating unit. So when you make your budget for your most precise electric water heater, consider the installation cost with the device price.
When you go to buy a tankless water heater, you will get hundreds of models of it. Each of them has a different pattern with a variable capacity to serve in another power system. Most tankless water heater has a simple design but needs separate circuit breakers and wires to install. And also different requirements for volts and amperage. So if you select a specific one that does not suit your electrical assembly, you have to upgrade your house system. But it will be more expensive, and also it may be impossible in some cases. So before choosing your heating appliance, you have to check its suitability to your electrical structure.
Usually, four types of electric tankless water heaters are available in the market. These are the whole-house, single point of use, portable and outdoor categories. You can take one of these devices to meet the situation demands and help save your money because their price is different.
The whole house tankless heater can deliver hot water in three or four bathrooms where the single-use can supply in a single faucet at a time. The benefits of the point-of-use are that you can set it for your expected tap, maybe in two valves in four bathrooms. You need not take a large one with a high price for the entire house.
On the other hand, you can carry a portable water heater for traveling or camping sites to get a power supply. The outdoor type has an enclosure or rain cap design as a freeze protection system that helps install it outside of the bathroom and helps get hot water in the rain.
Choosing the right-sized heater is the most crucial issue to get hot water from it. The size of this electronic device is small and can install above or under the sink. And even there have some models of the most reputed brand can set directly on the bathroom shower or hand shower. But in the case of the tankless water heater, the size specifies the capacity to deliver the hot water.
As the size of the tankless heater determines what amount of hot water it can deliver, you all have not needed the same-sized electric heater to fulfill the hot water requirement. You can get the variable sizes of this appliance with a suited heating capacity. You will get information about its ability from the user manual of that specific model. So pick the size suited most of your entire family or the purpose for which you want to buy it.
The traditional heater is made with the stuff that tends to build up the mineral scales of hard water, making it useless after a certain period. But most tankless water heaters construct with materials that heat the water fastly and prevent lime building. Though some inferior brands do not use durable materials like copper, brass, or stainless steel to craft the heater, they claim to provide better results for heating.
So before picking a particular item, check the details of the construction elements on the product manual. If you do not do this and buy a poor-quality electric heater, you may face a burning situation when running your heating device with your existing power system.
Luckily, some new models use advanced technology like infrared to heat the incoming water. This system prevents the limescale more efficiently and needs less maintenance though the price is comparatively higher. You can purchase this type of tankless water heater if you can pay.
Most brands declare that their models can utilize 98% of the electricity get from the power system and thus save the electricity bill. So you do not have to worry about the energy efficiency of your electric device. As it can use most of all the energy, then the cost will also be reasonable considering the service it delivers.
You have to ensure that your system can distribute a substantial amount of the power required to operate this electrical water heater. Without the exact stream of the electricity, the machine does not heat the water at the desired temperature. And consequently, the excess power may result in a fire or burning of the device. Therefore, you have to pick the tankless heater based on your power system.
The capability to supply hot water varies with the design and power of the tankless electric heater. It depends on the integrated technology of the machine. The whole house water heater can deliver up to 8 GPM (gallons per minute), whereas a single-use device delivers 1 to 3 GPM of hot water after activation.
Alternatively, we do not need the same water flow for every facet of our house water system. Before going with a particular model of tankless electric heater, we have to know how much water we need from different valves to complete our daily chores.
Depending on this estimate, you can easily calculate how much water you need and determine the capacity of your water heater to get hot water from these faucets. Besides, the requirement of water flow also varies with family size. The family with more than five people uses more or less 1.5 GPM, whereas a single couple uses 0.5 GPM to finish the daily washing.
Therefore, you have to clarify your daily need before taking a new tankless water heater to ensure sustainable utilization of your money.
The temperature of the incoming water affects the performance of this tankless water heater. If the house water comes from a comparatively cold area, the device will take more time and use more energy to heat the water for the desired temperature. And the flow rate will also decrease with this issue. So you have to keep in mind that in winter the cost will be high than in the summer season.
Moreover, most water heater has a self-modulating temperature control panel that saves energy and the money needed for maintenance. So the tankless heater having this feature will be helpful for you.
Many improved models have a digital display board to show complete information about water temperature and other specifications. If your device has this additional facility, then it will be more beneficial for you. Perhaps you do not have to spend more on this unique feature; you have to pay attention to selecting your desired model.
In the case of an electric machine, the chance of an accident is higher than any other product you handle to finish your daily requirements. So when you buy or use an electrical product, at first, you need to secure safety. However, most tankless electrical water heaters are constructed with modern self-adjustable technology, temperature control dial, and freeze protection to ensure user security. Therefore, you do not have to think more about the safety of your selected one. But, you have to read the customer’s review because you can quickly get information on whether these systems work or not from the report. Besides, without using a device, no one can not say that the machine is perfect for their conditions.
The water heater is a sensitive device that works for an extended period but may leak or burn at any time with a bit of fluctuation of electricity. So if your product comes with a warranty for heating elements, or leaking or single part failure, then it will be more helpful for your hard-earning money. Perhaps most water heater-producing companies offer a different warranty period for their products to satisfy the customers. So you can check the warranty instruction before paying for your tankless electric heater.
Moreover, we suggest you check the user’s review for each construction part and system of your tankless electric water heater before bringing it to the home. It will not only secure your investment but also protect you from any mishap in the future while you will enjoy your day with the hot water.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it better to use an electric water heater instead of a tank?
It can undoubtedly say that the tankless water heater is better than the traditional tank water heater. The comparison is described below.
Another name of the electric tankless water heater is the on-demand water heater. As the name, you can enjoy the hot water directly when you want. And, you do not need to heat a large amount of water that needs to do when you use a traditional tank heater.
Consequently, the electricity bills will be a high figure for the tank heater, comparing the energy-efficient tankless water heater. Except for this, the electric heater does not release any harmful gas into the air, whereas the gas-power tank heater releases a significant amount of carbon residues.
Lastly, you can install the tankless water heater anywhere near the shower, sink, or even under the sink, but you need a well-ventilated enough spaced area to establish a tank water heater.
Though the initial investment for a tankless is higher than a tank, comparing the other features, you can realize how helpful the electric tankless water heater is.
Related: How to Convert RV Water Heater to Tankless
How long will a tankless water heater last?
You never run out of hot water for a tankless water heater if your water flows on the tap or shower. The electric tankless water heater heats the incoming water as you set the temperature instead of the moisture in a storage tank. But if your power system gives any trouble to supply the electricity on this device, you may not get the desired temperature water. Besides, if your tankless can not withstand the hard water, it may stop working due to the limescale after a certain period of use. Without these unfavorable situations, your tankless electric heater delivers you a continuous hot water flow, may even for more than 20 years as your requirements.
Why do you need to flush your tankless water heater?
The tankless water heater is constructed with those types of materials which can exchange the heat to the surrounding area. So when the electricity passes on, the element gets heat and moves it to the running water, and the hot water comes out from the faucet.
If the incoming water comes from any hard water source, then the minerals build up on the inner part of the heater with the time of use. These minerals block the flow channel and also prevent regular heating activity. But you can get rid of this trouble if you clean it regularly with the descaling agent.
Therefore, if you do not flush your tankless heater with any descaling agent, it may stop delivering hot water due to the clog of minerals.
Tankless water heaters can be cleaned with CLR?
Yes, you can use the CLR to clean up the minerals from your tankless water heater. You can get this descaling agent named CLR cleaner in a small spray bottle and a gallon-sized container. We know CLR stands for calcium, lime, and rust, and these three minerals build on the inner surface of the tankless heater that comes in contact with the water. You can effectively remove these mineral blocks with the CLR cleaner because this cleaner consumes the minerals without scrubbing this small heating unit. Though the process of cleaning with a CLR cleaner is a little tricky and time-consuming, you can fresh up your electric tankless water heater more efficiently.
Is it possible to heat the whole house with a tankless water heater?
The tankless water heater delivers 2 to 5 gallons of hot water per minute for a single or a couple. But it is not enough for the whole house of a big family. You may connect this small heating unit to a shower and kitchen sink. But the heater limits its supply if you want to get hot water from both simultaneously.
Instead of doing this, you can install two separate tankless heaters for the shower and dishwasher. Thus you can heat the whole house water with the tankless water heater. Though the initial cost is comparatively higher than a boiler, most models have a life expectancy and can provide you the service over 20 years. Perhaps you have to buy more than one unit; it will be worth comparing the service with the investment.
Is it safe to use electric tankless water heaters?
After this, sometimes, the customer asks for the safety of this water heater. The tankless structure is the most safer feature of this electric heating device. But when you compare this small heater with the traditional tank, you will see that this device heats the running water directly through heat exchangers. So there is no chance of overheating that may cause an accident. Besides, this appliance is designed with a self-modulating temperature control panel. This panel optimizes the temperature as your command for heat. And it stops to warm the water when you close the faucet.
Moreover, the size is so tiny that it does not get any attention while children use the water tap. Also, as it runs through the electricity, it does not release any harmful carbon residues. Therefore you can take this electric tankless water heater for your house without any fear.
How good are electric tankless water heaters compared to gas ones?
The gas and electric tankless water heater has a different setting to heat the water and has its strength to deliver the hot water. Still that, we will tell that the electric one is much more good and safe than the gas-powered water heater.
When you judge the features of these two heating devices, you will see that the gas heater is more expensive and more substantial than the electric heater. The non-condensing gas heater also needs proper ventilation and generates carbon residue while running. Besides, the installation process is more complex and expensive than the electric tankless heater.
On the other hand, the size of an electric heater is so small that you can install it under or above the sink easily. And it allows getting the hot water without any risk of a residual effect. Still that, you do not need to upgrade your power system to operate a new device whereas, you may improve your house gas fitting and ventilation system for a new gas tankless water heater. Now we make sure that you realize the difference between these two heating devices.
How to Install a Tankless Electric Water Heater
To use any electrical appliances, you have to install them with your existing power system. So it would be best if you fixed your tankless water heater with the help of a professional plumber. You may also do this if you have the expertise of it.
We add the simple installation process of this small electric device to assist those who are still not more familiar with the water heater. It will also help you find out the reason for any trouble getting hot water from this hypersensitive electric device. The installation video includes all the models, so you do not have to worry about it.
After that, we state some instructions about the installation to help you complete the task more successfully.
- You may fit the device both indoor and outdoor, but cover it with an enclosure to protect from the weather damage if you install it outdoor.
- In indoor, try to install it as near the power panel or application fixture as possible.
- When setting it, keep in mind that the distance between the faucet and device determines the time to get the hot water. The getting time will be delayed with the increase of the gap range.
- If you want to fix it away from the tap or power system, you need more wires and tubes to install it correctly.
- When you set it In the bathroom, maintain a safe distance from the shower and ensure that the water does not reach the heater.
- Make sure the proper ventilation and dry atmosphere where you fix your electric tankless heater.
- Never give any extra cover on the device when setting it above or under the sink or your selected area.
- Install the heating machine in a secure and accessible area.
- Upgrade your existing power system if it does not suit your electric heater completely.
- When fixing it, strictly follow the instructions stated in the user guide.
As a result of the technology we have today, we get hundreds of opportunities to make our daily lives more comfortable. A tankless electric water heater is an advanced technology that allows hot water to flow from every faucet safely.
Our shortlist includes the most efficient models on the market today. So we are positive that you are prepared to replace your traditional tank water heater with a tankless electric water heater. Also, get the answer to any questions you have about this simple but indispensable home appliance.